Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for clear detailing tubing

.026" ID clear flexible (I assume you want flexible for "detailing") tubing is going to be tough to find. There aren't many uses for something like that.

That's only 26 one-thousandths of an inch for your inside diameter.

Here's clear polyurethane tubing, .025" ID with a .040" OD, made for medical experimentation. The product number is MRE 040.

36 feet is $54.

http://www.braintreesci.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MRE040

Scroll down to page 4 of the PDF. http://www.braintreesci.com/images/MRE.pdf

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Does it have to be tubing (i.e., hollow)? I'd be willing to be you can find some clear monofilament fishing line about that size.

You can also heat-stretch clear styrene sprue to whatever diameter you want. Getting it exactly to your desired dimension will probably take some practice, and you'll probably make several unsuitable pieces for every usable one you produce, but the price is right and it doesn't require any special equipment or unique skill.

Does it have to be tubing (i.e., hollow)? I'd be willing to be you can find some clear monofilament fishing line about that size.

You can also heat-stretch clear styrene sprue to whatever diameter you want. Getting it exactly to your desired dimension will probably take some practice, and you'll probably make several unsuitable pieces for every usable one you produce, but the price is right and it doesn't require any special equipment or unique skill.

It would be nice I have some RB Motion fittings that are used for Williams F1 kit. Trying to adapt those fitting on a Ferrari Kit. All the photos I have seen Ferrari used a clear tubing on there fuel system

It would be nice I have some RB Motion fittings that are used for Williams F1 kit. Trying to adapt those fitting on a Ferrari Kit. All the photos I have seen Ferrari used a clear tubing on there fuel system

Using a solid material, like nylon monofilament suggested above, would allow you to easily color it to match what's on your reference photos (most of the old "clear" hoses are translucent or yellowish).  Adapting the fittings you have is simply a matter of measuring the OD of your "hose" material, and drilling the ends of your fittings to accept it....and this is a lot easier than you might think.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy