Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Impala SS

Fisher61

Just finished up my Lindberg '61 Impala, painted Model Master black lacquer, went with a beige interior instead of the usual red and white. This kit went together with no problems, first Lindberg kit I've ever assembled.

HPIM3589.jpg

HPIM3583.jpg

HPIM3573.jpg

HPIM3587.jpg

HPIM3585.jpg

HPIM3562.jpg

HPIM3581.jpg

As always thanks for looking and questions or comments welcome!

Edited by plumber

Gorgeous Car Bill!!

Ditto on Lindberg doing more '60's cars..............They were on a roll for a while!

That '61 still looks great after all these years------it's styling still turns heads compared to the junk GM put out in the last couple decades.

Now I'm a 1961 model myself............But my "styling" turns no heads! :rolleyes:

Guest zebm1

Dang, Bill's a 61 Model? Now I am really feeling old...... :rolleyes:

Nice Chubby, black is soo hard to get right.

Edited by zebm1

Gorgeous Car Bill!!

Ditto on Lindberg doing more '60's cars..............They were on a roll for a while!

That '61 still looks great after all these years------it's styling still turns heads compared to the junk GM put out in the last couple decades.

Now I'm a 1961 model myself............But my "styling" turns no heads! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::D:D:P That's funny. I'm a '43 model and don't turn heads either!

WOW Great work, very clean. I have a few of those kits myself, I just have to polish up on my building skills a bit to finally have the courage to attack them. Very cool work, love the "eras" look of it.

In case any “new†modelers are wondering why this build looks so great, in my opinion, it has the 3 most important elements done perfectly….1. perfectly flawless paint with a high smooth shine. 2. Great use of Bare Metal Foil and 3. Windows installed without any smudges. I know there are many other disciplines that need to be done properly…but these three done right will get results approaching this build. Nice job, beautiful build! P.S. I am a 1949 model...I like to think that I have retained the classic looks of a Mercury coupe.....low and wide. Well, maybe a little too wide now that I think about it.

Here's some chassis and engine pics for you Olle.

Thanks, and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. That's just beautiful! B)

On a sidenote: Does anyone make engine compartment decals, like the ones that came with this kit? A simple thing like that adds tons of realism, but the only ones you usually get are the ones for the air filter and maybe the battery. I have been thinking about printing my own, but never found the time to do it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there friend! This is absolutely stunning!! Whether it was rollin off of the showcase; scrapping the pavements or the front end trying to get 80 inches in the air' Ima sucka fer love when comes to the old bowties. Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia