• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Sunday, November 26th starting 9 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. 
      Update 2: I'm moving the upgrade to 9 AM Sunday.  

Poll : AMT '40 Ford or newer Revell ?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

The Revell '40s comes with a Columbia 2-speed rear end? Cool! A reason for me to consider one of their kits. Probably the convertible. Unlike Mr. Kron above, I love the idea of the Columbia rear end. Basically the factory authorized overdrive setup for Fords at the time. If purchasing a new Ford at the time, it's an option I would have wanted on my new car. I like the idea Revell including it in its kits.

Posted

Great review Bernard, thanks, just what i was looking for.

Posted

...and a low parts ****. For this reason...

I guess the word filter didn't catch that one!

:lol:

Posted

I understand what you are asking,  but comparing kits that have decades between their first release dates is close to peeing in the wind. 

I have to agree 100 % on this !!!!! I've built both kits  too

Posted

I understand what you are asking,  but comparing kits that have decades between their first release dates is close to peeing in the wind. 

Don't get any on you. :o

Posted

I guess the word filter didn't catch that one!

:lol:

I got it. Thanks for fixing the original Bernard. I even read that post earlier and did not see it. My brain put the correct word in, I guess.

How about shooting us a message if it happens again, instead of repeating it ;)

Posted

The Revell kits have more detail but I like the simplicity of the AMT kits,the older I get the less I care for all the detailed chassis parts.

Posted

You're not alone Jeff,. Many of us are reverting to the "Nostalgia" build style.