Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pinto Funnycar question

thatz4u

While I think the Revellaser is the coolest of the bunch, I'd think twice about getting those decals from Slixx. They cracked like crazy, and Slixx said it was a problem and sent me a few more sets.  She (Becky I think) said to use very hot tap water to try and stop the cracking but it didn't really help.  i'd go with one of the other two schemes they offer.   Chris

pinto.jpg

• Like 1

Hello from Canada. Just did a quick check with Southern Motorsports Hobbies (smhracing.com), and under decals and resins is a listing for Slixx decals. Go to page 26 and they have

a listing for the Mickey Thompson Pinto F/C #1585, and the Mickey Thompson Revellaser Pinto #1586. Also, the Mickey Thompson Mustang #1588. If you are building the Candy Apple Red Pinto,

(1585),the shorter side panels fit the Johan kit with the smaller lettering. The other is for the Comp. resin body I believe. Hope this helps with your build. Slixx PN is 1591 on the red Pinto. Also, just did a quick peek on the Slixx site, still listed.

Barry

Ontario, Canada

Edited by Barry