Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been working on this one for way too long. The prototype is a Polish license build of a German Lanz hot-bulb engine tractor. Got to the point were I was starting to paint it and decided I didn't like some stuff, so starting a rebuild of the main body parts. Remember its the journey!

This was the first printed booklet one that I'd got into. The ones I'd been working on had been freebie download, so this was the next step up. The first major challenge was what few instructions there were was in Polish. So bought a Polish-English dictionary at a used book store. Them found an emulator keyboard on the web, that would let me retype the instructions so I could enter them into Google translate. Then I was ready to go. First as a backup I scanned the booklet pages and printed them out on cardstock. The advantage of this is if you screw something up, you don't have to go buy another kit or beg friends for parts, as if you have a dozen friends building Ursus tractor models. Luckily I'd already had a digital caliper to measure paper thickness with. Then it was cut, fold, score and glue. I decided didn't really like the way the rear tires were looking, so figured out using matt board to create bigger lugs for the tires. Overall for the first time, thought they came out pretty good. Would have liked more sidewall detail, but didn't find any reference photos for early 1950's era Soviet block tractor tires.

001 Modelik Ursus C45 cover.jpg

006x.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

094.JPG

2012-08-04 rear tires x.JPG

2015-01-18 002x.JPG

The rims are looking very good.

I've found more photos of C45

P8310001.jpg

P8310006.jpg

P8310005.jpg

P8310004.jpg

P8310003.jpg

P8310002.jpg

Did you notice that the steering wheel is wooden?

Let me know if You need more details, I will go to the museum and take more pictures.

Greetings.

Edited by Marcin M.

Looking good Wayne!

When I was growing up in Poland in the '70s there was a paper model periodical called "Mały Modelarz" or "Junior Modeler".  I have built several of those models.  I built a helicopter, a destroyer and few others. This brings back some memories.

Thanks Peter.

Believe Maly Modelarz (always wondered what it meant) is still available. I've got a couple of theirs that are available on the internet like a Tatra 603.

A few more photos. Build a new air intake. Wasn't real happy with the original. Then went to Cali for a show and my cat made up my mind for me with deciding it was best used as a good chew toy. Actually trying to decide on the main body since I've done so much modifications to it, that it may be easier to start over to get it to where I want.

2014-04-06 007x.JPG

2014-03-30 004x.JPG

2017-06-27 339 new air intake.JPG

2015-01-18 003x.JPG

2014-07-26 014x.JPG

2014-07-26 015x.JPG

Looking good Wayne!

When I was growing up in Poland in the '70s there was a paper model periodical called "Mały Modelarz" or "Junior Modeler".  I have built several of those models.  I built a helicopter, a destroyer and few others. This brings back some memories.

Everyone started off with that in Poland, peteski, sam wiesz jak to było.

Wayne, I like Your job with chair and air intake! I think I have to do more photos...?

More photos. Have a couple with most of the parts laid out, but guess they're too big. Anyway I got a majority of the parts done and doing painting. Just wasn't too happy with some of the results and sidetracked to other projects. Deciding if just to redo a bunch of it or try to finish it up as is.

2016-02-08 075x.jpg

2015-03-20 001x.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned was happy with the 'body' of the tractor, so decided to start over on it. Got to this point pretty quick since at least the 2nd time for a lot of it. But now sort of stalled out again. Back to working on the Stalinetz crawler and the Renault 4cv.

2017-02-04 352xx.JPG

2017-03-03 699xx.JPG

2017-06-27 337 new body ft.JPG

2017-06-27 338 new body side rt.JPG