Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket

Going forward, please just upload the photos to this site. We have unlimited disk space from our hosting company, and they will never go away unless we do. You can also go back and edit your older posts with new pictures. 

Dave, I think its great that you are allowing us to use this option, and for many , this will work for them, but there are a lot of us that need to post photos on other sites, so we need a photo hosting site. 

This is what I'll be doing from now on, thanks Dave.. It really is a crying shame. I've been downloading my photos directly from PB for so long, I never thought to keep them on my hard drive. I've basically lost every photo of every model unless I go and do a save image on every pic. 

Rob, you don't have to do a save image on all your pics just to save them from Idiotbucket. Once you open an album, there is an option to download the album, so all you have to do is click that and then select where on your hard drive you want to download it to. It sometimes takes a little while, but of course I was doing some of that over the weekend when probably everyone was trying to do a mass fleeing of the sinking ship. It will save a zip compressed file when you download, and I have been saving mine under whatever album name I had there in separate folders on my external hard drive. 

Rob, you don't have to do a save image on all your pics just to save them from Idiotbucket. Once you open an album, there is an option to download the album, so all you have to do is click that and then select where on your hard drive you want to download it to. It sometimes takes a little while, but of course I was doing some of that over the weekend when probably everyone was trying to do a mass fleeing of the sinking ship. It will save a zip compressed file when you download, and I have been saving mine under whatever album name I had there in separate folders on my external hard drive. 

Not always. Of the 50 or so albums I had on PhotoBucket, I could only use the download album function on about 5 of them. They were the most recent albums that I had started. For all of my older albums, I had to download the photos one by one.

Not always. Of the 50 or so albums I had on PhotoBucket, I could only use the download album function on about 5 of them. They were the most recent albums that I had started. For all of my older albums, I had to download the photos one by one.

That is odd, I was able to download all my albums from one of my accounts, the oldest was from 2011, I am not sure how your oldest album is.

That is odd, I was able to download all my albums from one of my accounts, the oldest was from 2011, I am not sure how your oldest album is.

The old albums were from 2006 to 2009. My first thought was that there might have been a big software change at some point that changed how they handle the files.

Of course Photobucket wiped out the pictures in my posts, and I am not happy about it. The company made a business decision, which in my humble opinion is terrible ( I could have said something else, but I do not operate that way). I apologize to the members of the board who has not seen my work in advance, as I am not going to pay the price that Photobucket requested, nor am I going to transfer the pictures from the company onto another site, as there are just too many to do.

There is a silver lining in all of this. I get to clean up some of my builds, take new photos, and link them up elsewhere, so I can post them. Of course I am going to get back into building, as I have been in a real slump.

Now if Photobucket makes a decision to lower the price to a much more reasonable price point, I may entertain that program. 

Looks like my older P-bucket account which was still functional has gotten the SP500 Logo Of Death treatment as well. I just got notice not 30 minutes ago. They must have pulled the plug simultaneously. Absolutely ZERO advance notice... They are stark raving mad!!!!!!!

Here's the e-mail notice I got:

Photobucket-_Death-_Notice-_Page-_All-_W

This is weird. The pic came straight off of google photos on my computer. I wonder if PB did something to them? I posted another pic elsewhere that I moved to Google Photos and it was invisible sometimes, yet sometimes you could see it. 

If you haven't already saved all your photos from PB, I urge you to do it. I only had a few on there that I didn't already have on my computer, but the few that I did I have gotten back. Rather than mess with it, I just used the Snipping Tool on my computer to copy them and transfer them back to my files. By the way, we are not the only ones that PB is messing with. There are articles all over the interwebbs about them today. It seems they have been the storage site of choice for eBay and Amazon sellers and a lot of them make big money and are raising a rather large stink about this as well. PB may be trying to keep in business or they may be trying to pull a Shkreli and screw people over just because they think they can, but they've messed up

Edited by oldcarfan