Model Cars Magazine Forum

This kit basically built itself...most parts and pieces fit well. The hood is still a little wonky. I could have filled the gaps etc but chose to build it out of the box. My only complaint is the goofy low hanging spare tire hanger. I cut it down and made it more believable, although the purists will skoff. Color is Rustoleum Gloss Spa Blue, no clear was added to the body save for the white roof piece. I lost the correct rear view mirror so I sourced one from a parts box. I only installed one side mirror, as it seemed more period correct for some reason. I found a glob of glue had seeped out from beneath the rear doors so I chose not to upload that pic lol. Anyway, solid 9/10, with the hood and spare tire being the only drawbacks. I can't wait to get my second one started, which will NOT be stock.

IMG_20170625_134337.jpg

IMG_20170625_134311.jpg

IMG_20170625_134242.jpg

IMG_20170625_134135.jpg

Awesome looking truck, I didn't know it was out.  I wonder if it is out in Canada yet

I wouldnt hold my breathe Dan. I find that stuff doesnt make it to Canada untill atleast 6-8wks after it hits the shelves in the US. I buy from Dundas Hobbies now and then and he's really good at getting new items as soon as he can, and it's always quite awhile after the US gets theirs. He has to wait for his supplier to get his stock and my guess is that they fill the US shops orders first, then Canada on a later run from the manufacturer. Even with shipping, it will likely cost the same at a hobby store here, as it would to buy it off Ebay or a US store and pay the extra for shipping. 

Sorry to hi-jack your thread abit, lovely build. I wasnt that into this kit till i saw the unboxing video from Chris and now this.. Looks fantastic. I guessing we'll see alot of these in the coming weeks here.

I wouldnt hold my breathe Dan. I find that stuff doesnt make it to Canada untill atleast 6-8wks after it hits the shelves in the US. I buy from Dundas Hobbies now and then and he's really good at getting new items as soon as he can, and it's always quite awhile after the US gets theirs. He has to wait for his supplier to get his stock and my guess is that they fill the US shops orders first, then Canada on a later run from the manufacturer. Even with shipping, it will likely cost the same at a hobby store here, as it would to buy it off Ebay or a US store and pay the extra for shipping. 

Sorry to hi-jack your thread abit, lovely build. I wasnt that into this kit till i saw the unboxing video from Chris and now this.. Looks fantastic. I guessing we'll see alot of these in the coming weeks here.

Thanks Dave for the info

• 2 weeks later...