Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next in the Revell '32 Ford line ?

I'd personally like to see one done with a beam-axle in front and a buggy-spring quick-change in the rear.

Add the wheels / tires from the Rat Roaster, and maybe the nailhead and Chevy engines from the '29 and '30 Fords (if they ever really come back).

If not, include the Olds engine from the '50, or a 348-409 Chevy, or a Caddy.

Instant period hot-rod, using mostly existing tooling.

And ummm...try to get the stance right.

I'd like to see it stock, with totally accurate spoked wheels and correct tires. A detailed 4 banger, with speed options, a dropped beam axle like Bill said, and maybe some actual real traditional options would be great. 

Edited by Draggon

I like Ace's idea of a traditional '32 rod (might as well make it a roadster, because that's what most people want), with more traditional suspension and the rat rod wheels, though I'm all for having a nice flathead as an option.

I'd definitely be in favour of a stock '32 Ford, with stock wire wheels, though if they fudged it a bit with a set of later model Kelsey-Hayes that fir the rat rod tires, this would be aceptable.   If they did do a stock '32, it would be nice to make a kit that catered to the hot rod fans as well.  Include the option to make it fenderless, and design it so you could use the aforementioned rat rod wheels, and add some vintage speed parts for the flathead.

As far as how it sits, that is gong to vary with taste and fashion, and you're never going to please everyone.   Maybe if could be engineered so have lots of room to tweak things to your own taste?

I'd personally like to see one done with a beam-axle in front and a buggy-spring quick-change in the rear.

Add the wheels / tires from the Rat Roaster, and maybe the nailhead and Chevy engines from the '29 and '30 Fords (if they ever really come back).

If not, include the Olds engine from the '50, or a 348-409 Chevy, or a Caddy.

Instant period hot-rod, using mostly existing tooling.

And ummm...try to get the stance right.

I like this idea!

I would like to se a 32 ford truck.

Ditto the truck.

You can build accurate versions (fairly easily) of two of the other body styles on the Revell fenders if you modify the old AMT bodies (phaeton, Vicky ) but there isn't an easy way to do a '32 truck.

The Lindberg '34 cab can be made to work, but it's not ideal.

Give us a '32 pickup with traditional dropped I-beam front suspension and a buggy spring rear. I'll buy 10 of the things.

The problem I've always had with Revell is they steer you to their own vision of a particular subject. As a dedicated kit basher this means trouble because the kits are narrow bandwidth and frozen in time. I don't think I'd ever build a kit from them Out-Of-The-Box. So the comments by AceGarageGuy and Richard Bartrop resonate particularly with me. (Please, just once, get the @#$% stance right!!!!!) My dream release from them would be to simply Shrink-Ray the Big Deuce. For me it's always been the ultimate Deuce-In-Scale. If it weren't so Dam Big. Otherwise I vote for the gorgeous Phaeton that Jantrix showed - except I'd bet the ranch they'd screw things up and not include all the cool details in that picture.

On the other hand, they're pretty smart because I land up buying so many of their kits to get the right parts....

The problem I've always had with Revell is they steer you to their own vision of a particular subject. As a dedicated kit basher this means trouble because the kits are narrow bandwidth and frozen in time. I don't think I'd ever build a kit from them Out-Of-The-Box.

Exhibit A: the Deuce-style roof insert in the '30 Model A coupe.

Exhibit B: the coil sprung 9" Ford rearend in same, instead of the much more common/traditional/popular banjo rear end with transverse leaf.

I agree, funny how many here backed that choice up.:o

I have as yet to see that top configuration.

Reputable sources have stated that such a car exists in 1:1.  Key word is "a", as in one.  As opposed to the tens of thousands of surviving Model A coupes that don't have it.