Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christine trashed , FINISHED ! !

Lowlife ! !

Well I've seen a few versions of AMTs Christine kit, all very nice too, but I thought id try a different approach.....

Ive been researching the car, the model and the film and I decided on this.....

I'm sure you've all seen my favourite film too, well I'm building Christine after Buddy Repperton and the gang trash it ! !

Its possibly going in a small fujimi diorama,  showing the plot at Darnells where the car was kept....

Heres a rough layout........

20170621_125833_zpsunyexoke.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thanks for the replies guys......

And yes I did remember `the perpetrator defecated on the dashboard` but that's one little detail I wont be adding ! Most of the interior is guess work as you never see the interior after Moochie has finished. I'm guessing after he ripped up the seats, and smashed the dash, he got out and helped with the bodywork alterations . So the interior wouldn't be too bad, the outside bodywork suffering the worst.    

Bit more on the seats and door panels, trying to replicate the inside white seat upholstery hanging out ! Not sure If I'm totally happy with the interior colours, I matched them up as best I could but the they dried darker than I thought ! Anyway a couple of pics, and I should have the interior finished soon, just experimenting how to replicate broken glass, think I've got it ! !    

20170703_190120_zpsivybdzey.jpg

20170703_190416_zpsbajmep5k.jpg

Looks nice.....a couple of suggestions.....The interior looks too clean for that amount of damage. Needs some dirt and trash on the seat. Also the dent in the dashboard (neat detail) would either show a light brown for foam rubber under the cover or bare metal with a bit of rust on it.

This is going to be a fun build to watch.

That is one scene in the movie where I cringe each time I see it! :wacko:

I'll be watching this one though as your idea is very interesting and unique! Still kills me though that one of my favorite cars of the '50's gets trashed like that so badly! And not just that one, if I remember the story correctly, of all the 17 that were built for the movie, only two were running at the end. :(

Or so I've heard..................

Great start!  One possible suggestion if you have some 1/24 figures:  dip a figure's feet in mud-colored paint and press them onto the roof, fenders, trunk etc. Leaving "footprints" where the gang stood as they trashed Christine.  Many military modelers do that on 1/35 scale tanks and other vehicles.  It can be tricky because styrene feet are stiff and don't want to flex like a real shoe, but can be done.  A few years ago, one company even made 1/35 scale boots in a flexible material, just for leaving footprints.

Thanks guys !

iborg,  I appreciate the ideas, but Christine was Pristine ! !   When Buddy Repperton and the gang trash her, I can't see the interior getting that dirty, also the dash wouldn't have time to rust ?? But thanks, there's still a lot to go into the interior yet, and I value peoples input !

Thanks Bill, I admire your work a lot, shame I can't get one of your engines for this build !  And from what the director said, they used 21 cars, and only 2 survived.  At least a lot of the cars used were rough, they had panels,trim etc molded in rubber, for the same reason Christine had chrome trim and not gold, parts were not that easy to find !

And thanks Mike, I like the idea of footprints, great idea !

Edited by Lowlife ! !