Model Cars Magazine Forum

#3, 1956 Chevolet

Super28

Well, While waiting on my razor saw to come for the '62 Dodge Dart, I'll start with step 1 on #3, a 1956 Chevolet Bel Air.

Start with a tear down. Apparently if took a fall at some time. Broke out right side vent window frame. Will have to fabricate my own on re-build.

P.S. #2, 1960 Desoto , moved to the end, #113. Want to be a lot better before I work on that one.2_(2).thumb.jpg.a38cdbd6a39e397d592ed46a2_(1).thumb.jpg.7068a22813f145d8b9e3d8ce3.thumb.jpg.b7425f32e23a2db35e76fa7efbfc

That's the old Monogram 1/24 '56, I'd recognize'er anywhere, especially in that baby-blue plastic! Should be easy enough to find a donor body to salvage a vent window/post repair piece from. If mine weren't currently in storage, I know I have a box with a couple of those bodies kept for whatever reason! Try posting a request in the "Wanted" section of the forums here, someone will donate one, I'd bet on it. Meanwhile, I'll see over the weekend if mine are anywhere within reach, if so, I'll send you a PM. Best of luck, and I'm watching all your builds with interest; your cars mirror my own interests, especially the 60 DeSoto. (Just recently scored one on eBAy as a fixer-upper)

Well, got the parts out of the cleaner, Came out good EXCEPT for I had glued the hood shut and broke the corners off. Was hoping the cleaner would dissolve the glue was I could repair it. It didn't. Also I'm surprised the plastic turned green. You can see the difference where the body was exposed and where the paint was. Anybody got a '56 Chevy body and hood I get ?5_(2).thumb.jpg.4ff5255525b2004b3dc76e8d5_(1).thumb.jpg.a28355a7bbccfbd008096a7d

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Waiting for some parts I ordered for the '62 Dodge, back on the '56 Chevy. Bought a '56 Chevy Bel Air "Classic Cruiser" so I canĀ  use the body and hood. Also got some photo etch parts for detail. Old body won't go to waste. Making it #114 with spare parts off the new kit , I hope by the time I get to it at 114, I'll be able to chop the top and make suicide doors and God knows what else.

6.jpg

7 (1).jpg

8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...