[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Geno

Motormax 1960 Ranchero mods.

Picked this MotorMax Ranchero up at Wally World for $10.

Took it apart BMF'd all the silver painted trim including the tail light bezels, black washed the grille, cut some clear acetate and installed in the wing windows, lowered the front about 2 scale inches for that slight rake and added a set of Pegasus wheels/tires. Then a nice polishing with some Turtle Wax Ice. Nothing major, just a sprucing up. It doesn't look half bad. 

79321AC-TR.jpg

DSCN4729.JPG

DSCN4731.JPG

DSCN4732.JPG

DSCN4734.JPG

Edited by Geno

That is too cool!  my Walmart doesn't get anything cool like that.   Nice work on the diecast!

That is too cool!  my Walmart doesn't get anything cool like that.   Nice work on the diecast!

I second this. 

Really nice! Specially with the trailer.

Looks good........die cast companies.....WHY not do a Ranchero like a 1967 or 1972 or even 1977???? We have a 60.........

Edited by Dave Van

Looks pretty good! I saw those at my Walmart a couple months ago. Almost bought one but passed because I already have several of the kits.

Looks good........die cast companies.....WHY not do a Ranchero like a 1967 or 1972 or even 1977???? We have a 60.........

Thanks all, I do appreciate it, I'd love a '72 Dan, a great body style indeed.

Edited by Geno

It looks really nice. I saw two of these at our Walmart the other day and decided to wait. Came back later in the day and they were gone. I did get the Motor Max 1969 F 100 there today. Walmart generally has horrible selections when it comes to diecasts, usually only a few Corvettes if anything.

Walmart generally has horrible selections when it comes to diecasts, usually only a few Corvettes if anything.

I check 'em out every week, and four to six times a year I get pleasantly surprised by something. I think the last one I got was a bright red '70 El Camino, upon which I laid some Snake-Fu and came up with a passable shelf model.

I bought one of these yesterday. Now to try to make it look as good as yours! 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Dave Van said:

No '67 or '72 kit for them to copy from...

1 hour ago, Mark said:

No '67 or '72 kit for them to copy from...

HAHAHAHAHA! Boy, ain't that the truth. For those who don't believe the Chinese copy at least some of their stuff from kits and other sources, see my review of the '69 Firebird down the page. :lol:

That looks great.  I have the red version.  I thought about pulling it apart and stripping the paint off as I had a 1:1 in white with the 6 that I converted to a V8

Hi Geno,  Those Rancheros are so nicely proportioned and you've done a gorgeous job on yours. 

Just a quick hint: when photographing metalic finishes, try taking the pics on an overcast day....the paint will look a lot more natural. Actually, overcast days make the details show up nicely since there is less hi-contrast.

Have a great Xmas my friend

Cliffo

On 12/24/2017 at 11:30 AM, traditional said:

Hi Geno,  Those Rancheros are so nicely proportioned and you've done a gorgeous job on yours. 

Just a quick hint: when photographing metalic finishes, try taking the pics on an overcast day....the paint will look a lot more natural. Actually, overcast days make the details show up nicely since there is less hi-contrast.

Have a great Xmas my friend

Cliffo

Thanks Cliff, I will do that with my pics from now on. Thanks for the heads up. Blessings my friend.

I love this little diecast. You did a great job of foiling the trim and the wheels look bitchin'. I don't think it looks too bad for a $12 diecast. I bought one in 2016 and painted the interior, chassis, and under the hood to try to take away the toyish appearance. 

On 2/6/2018 at 12:18 PM, THarrison351 said:

I love this little diecast. You did a great job of foiling the trim and the wheels look bitchin'. I don't think it looks too bad for a $12 diecast. I bought one in 2016 and painted the interior, chassis, and under the hood to try to take away the toyish appearance. 

Thanks Tim,  do you have any pics of yours? i'd love to see it.