Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fisher White Elephant; Ferrari 365p2

Hi,

I just got this kit today.  I spoke to Paul last week and he said the moulds are toast!  Luckily I found an eBay seller having one.

So if you find it, grab it up as there will be no more.

NOTLCww6.jpg pDvDfAwC.jpg 5R76UD5K.jpg

Edited by aurfalien

Tha IS nice!

Hi,

Yep, thank you sir.  I love it.  On the decal sheet are 2 white elephants on there hind legs.  These go on either side of the rear wing which is black.  I thought this was very cool.

Here is a reference picture.  I couldn't find any good color photos of the 1:1 car but here is a nice 1/18 of it.

365p2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been convinced that the roundels, wheels, light frames, etc were dark blue for years, but not sure what colour.  However, I just remembered something Rob Walker said when I met him at Goodwood; We were talking about the SWB and he mentioned how much he loved the paint scheme of the Jag Indigo blue with white.  He told me about a bunch of cars using the same scheme such as Equippe Endeavour and a 'certain elephant' that he said he 'supplied a couple of spare trunks' and that he was 'rewarded with his favourite scheme' after refusing payment.  He really seemed proud of the joke.

I never really put it together until I read this and saw the dark blue wheels in the pic.  Is it true?  Who knows...but does not seem unreasonable, especially as he really only racing in F1 by then, and NART would not have been a competitor.

Steve