Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket Problems

As it has been said, if you only post here (don't need to link to the same photos on multiple forums), then just uploads them directly to your posts here. It is free, and guaranteed to be there for as long as the Model Cars forum is active.

For many of us, photo hosting goes beyond what we would use and/or share here. I have thousands of photos, and a few family or personal photos that I do not plan to share here. We still need a place to host them. Unless this board has a photo hosting capacity for private photos that I am not aware of?

Going forward, I recommend that you just embed the picture(s) directly in the post. You can drag the file into the paperclip region at the bottom of the post editor, or click choose files in the same region. 

We have unlimited storage on our server, and I removed all storage quotas. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

As photo heavy as this site tends to be, that'll add up quick to a shed load of photo storage. I'm glad to hear it though, mighty glad.

For many of us, photo hosting goes beyond what we would use and/or share here. I have thousands of photos, and a few family or personal photos that I do not plan to share here. We still need a place to host them. Unless this board has a photo hosting capacity for private photos that I am not aware of?

you can still store your photos on photobucket....till they go under from the mistake they've made lol. Just cannot 3rd party them to forums ect. Or do what many have done and switch to Fotki, google or what ever picture hosting place of your choosing. But it is probably best to upload any photos used here on here so threads are not destroyed next time someone gets a bug up the ass. (Or greedy) I am already paid for a year of service with Fotki so I'm good for a while and was already in process, albiet slowly of changing over anyway.

I've changed to Fotki after pressure from PB and a threat and request for $399! Fotki have given me a three year contract for 3rd party hosting at $120! So I started  using them about two weeks ago. One of our main model sites here in the UK (Locate & Cement)has been taken down by PB! Although I've put new threads on there using Fotki, none of the members have any access at all to the site as it's covered in PB logo's.

They are just shysters nothing more or less!

Tks Dave, just found out about this problem.  Was about to post saying "thanks for the good times and comments as I won't be posting any more".  Looks like MCM has solved that problem.  Tks again.

Dave B

I never understood why people here dislike using Flickr. 

I have a free account there, have ad block (so I see no ads that a free account would show) and I have more than 11.000 pictures uploaded there. Not even close to the limit for a free account, and the pictures all show fine here and in all other forums. 

I never understood why people here dislike using Flickr. 

I have a free account there, have ad block (so I see no ads that a free account would show) and I have more than 11.000 pictures uploaded there. Not even close to the limit for a free account, and the pictures all show fine here and in all other forums. 

Everyone has their own preference or likes to do things a certain way or just doesn't want to learn how to use a new program. All the sites pretty much do the same thing when it comes down to it, they let you share photos on forums like this.

Many years ago I started with Fotki, 2001 to be exact. I started with the free package and soon upgraded to store more photos. Over the years I have added thousands of photos. Lots of people criticized me and laughed at me for using Fotki as they used free Photobucket. Well, here we are, many years later and Photobucket is getting even for all those free years. Still laughing? :) Fotki costs me less than $40 a year for 100GB of storage space. Translate 100GB into photos...I have over 200,000 photos on Fotki! Some in public albums, some in private albums. I have no problem sharing them. The rates are still fair and reasonable. The site is easy to use. I load photos by drag and drop, thousands at a time. When I have had a problem, Fotki has solved them. I like Fotki :) 

https://public.fotki.com/HowardCohen/

Many years ago I started with Fotki, 2001 to be exact. I started with the free package and soon upgraded to store more photos. Over the years I have added thousands of photos. Lots of people criticized me and laughed at me for using Fotki as they used free Photobucket. Well, here we are, many years later and Photobucket is getting even for all those free years. Still laughing? :) Fotki costs me less than $40 a year for 100GB of storage space. Translate 100GB into photos...I have over 200,000 photos on Fotki! Some in public albums, some in private albums. I have no problem sharing them. The rates are still fair and reasonable. The site is easy to use. I load photos by drag and drop, thousands at a time. When I have had a problem, Fotki has solved them. I like Fotki :) 

https://public.fotki.com/HowardCohen/

Have a Fotki account. Had the paid account, but when Flickr got the 1TB (one Terabite) free space, I started using it mostly. Also sharing the pictures is super easy, and less complicated than Fotki, and Ipernity, for example. 

Everyone has their own preference or likes to do things a certain way or just doesn't want to learn how to use a new program. All the sites pretty much do the same thing when it comes down to it, they let you share photos on forums like this.

That's true!! But, today I'm very happy I disliked Photobucket from the start. Don't have to learn the tricks of a new site. What Photobucket did was so stupid I started looking for news on the site being bought by a competing one. If I had thousands of pictures there, I would be really pissed, would NOT pay a cent, and just leave the site. By not giving any notice, thproved they wanted to get people "with their pants down" and force the most people they could to pay. Call me overkill, but I have pictures uploaded to Ipernity, Flickr, and Fotki. Just in case. 

I was one of many to start using photobucket because it was free and fotki was not. I started using PB in about 2005. A couple of years ago I did start to pay for a PB account as I wanted to get rid of the ads and I was running out of space. Now, after the latest changes I'm considering something else.
I do however read this on the PB site:

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
have access to 3rd Party Hosting.

Since I have the Plus 20 account I will have until the end of next year to change to something else unless PB changes its policy in the meantime. I am currently also not building so many models and not sharing as many photos as before so I don't have the greatest problem with it, not yet at least.

FYI...this is on my Fotki signin page:

Photobucket victims wanted!
If you are a victim of the recent price change at Photobucket and if you are affected with their new hotlinking policy, we welcome you to Fotki! We have been supporting hotlinking and taggers for about 20 years. At Fotki you will have the ability to hotlink your media, organize your collections with albums, folders and subfolders and keep full control of your privacy settings.
Fotki also:
- do not have any ads
- do not sell your information to 3rd party services
- have much friendly and competitive membership prices
- have very friendly and helpful human tech support
If you wish to import your media from Photobucket at once, please contact Fotki Customer Support.

Thanks was wondering what was going on... said I needed to upgrade and pay an extra $2.49 a month for upgrade to the p500 version that supports it... I DONT THINK SO... Ill fix mine later when I get enough free time on my had to do just that.

thanks

I download from my phone to computer desktop and then select the photos when I click on "choose files". Picture below is a test. Everybody see it?20170723_102248.thumb.jpg.20f349f3a83cb1

Sure do, interested in trading NASCAR, kits or aftermarket decals for the. '55 Chevy in your photo? (No harm in asking is there?)

• 2 weeks later...

I did an experiment with PB and if it you are having trouble getting your pictures back it might work for you as well. I went to my PB account and then used the Snipping Tool to copy the individual pictures and then put them back onto my computer.

I did an experiment with PB and if it you are having trouble getting your pictures back it might work for you as well. I went to my PB account and then used the Snipping Tool to copy the individual pictures and then put them back onto my computer.

I was able to pull them up through my mobile phone and download them, then transfer back to computer and reinstall on my new hosting site of IMGBOX... Worked better and I could actually have the actual pics and not have to snip them like you said... give it a try... so far 31 albums transferred over and that is most but a handful left.