Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose Cadillac

Que the Screeching!

According to the Revell listing for the Eldorod, it will have the "Dreaded" Solid Wire axles. Let the shrieking and pearl clutching begin. I'm ready to buy two of these now. I want one that bad.

I display my finished models with the shiny side up, and therefore the solid wire axles don't bother me a bit as they can't be seen unless you turn the model upside down. When I buy AMT kits from the late 50's and early 60's they also have the wire axles and it's no problem for me. I have plans for the Eldorod and look forward to getting one.

Que the Screeching!

According to the Revell listing for the Eldorod, it will have the "Dreaded" Solid Wire axles. Let the shrieking and pearl clutching begin. I'm ready to buy two of these now. I want one that bad.

Absolutely. It matters not, to me. We saw how well hidden it is with the Foose FD100, and I hope the Cad is as innocuous as the Ford was. 

Is this going to be one of the prepainted versions? If you read the description on model roundup makes you wonder,,

We were talking about this at our club meeting last night, that there might possibly be pre-painted versions of the new Foose kits available later, similar to the Camaro/Challenger/Corvette kits that Revell has released previously. Someone noted that there are no visible mold seams on the body of the FD-100.

Yep....project #773........:blink:

#774 the resin repop of the chopped hardtop from the AMT '50 Ford convertible.  To bad it hasn't been in the kit since the second release, but it would be perfect for that chopped windshield frame that's already there. (At least I think it would) ??

#774-A Then convert the chopped top to stock height and add a back window to have a running start on a '51 Victoria!

For that just "borrow" the roof off the Lindberg/Round2 '53 Ford Hardtop kit. With a little surgery to the front using the '49 roof it should be doable.

I may change my mind on this one. Lets of potential. I can't help but wonder how it would look with the engine, wide white tires and Caddy sombreros from the Revell '49 Merc kit, and maybe the Desoto grill.

Edited by Jantrix

I may change my mind on this one. Lets of potential. I can't help but wonder how it would look with the engine, wide white tires and Caddy sombreros from the Revell '49 Merc kit, and maybe the Desoto grill.

Indeed!   Im brainstorming roofs to graft onto it.... and maybe some taillight options.. backdate the custom look a bit

I'm with Rob Mattis on the Desoto Grill. A Caddy Eggcrate style would look nice too. I wonder what the Aftermarket will come up with.

I can already visualize a Fastback Resin Body and some alternate grill treatments.  This looks like another great Custom Car canvas to play with.

Bravo Revell.