Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Impala

KWT

One of my grandpa's was a Chevy man... and in cars, it was the Impala. I've always had a love for them, and have owned one for the past 7 years, though she's a less attractive 2010.. I've had this kit for quite a while now, and just recently I've been working on it, along with the 2 Cutlass'. This is my entry in the Slump Buster CBP, but I've in a lil bit of a slump on it of sorts  and it's keeps getting pushed to the side... kinda ironic, ain't it...

Anyway, on to the kit...

This is the Foose version... Paint is Tamiya Gunmetal, covered in Tamiya Clear Red. Originally had a little trouble with the paint, but my pal Joe (Mustang1989), helped me get it worked out. And I was going to try my hand at BMF for the first time, but opted for the good o' silver Sharpie...

IMG_20170702_102127480.thumb.jpg.4c50caf

Got the engine painted Testors fiery orange, and the rest of the bits and pieces painted flat black... and that's about all she wrote for the moment...

Stay tuned...

I like the deep Candy Apple color. This is a great kit of a very nice car. My buddy got a new '65 SS, Yellow with Black interior. In 'late '65 I got a new '66 Impala SS in Danube Blue with Black interior.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your Impala, My first car was a 66 Impala and I also had a 65 SS.

thanks! Lucky starting out behind the wheel of a  beautiful ride.. Ilove the 65 for some reason. It's one of my favorite years.. 

I like the deep Candy Apple color. This is a great kit of a very nice car. My buddy got a new '65 SS, Yellow with Black interior. In 'late '65 I got a new '66 Impala SS in Danube Blue with Black interior.

Thanks! Those sound super sexy... 

I've been sold on the Molotow pen. I'll use it now for doing those pesky vent window frames that come out looking so awful with BMF. It can also be used to touch up bad spots on BMF.

Im using one of mine here and there now. Kinda like the outcome... Probably use it on an upcoming build.

Got a little done on the interior this weekend... I originally had it black and tan. Then decided I wanted to see what black and leather looked like. I liked it last night, thinking I should have left it tan. But it's still not bad looking..

IMG_20170716_065344916.thumb.jpg.1c10af9

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little bit done, here and there over the last week...

Engine is Model master orange pearl... chrome pieces covered in tamiya smoke.

IMG_20170722_113836650.thumb.jpg.694d627IMG_20170728_095934896.thumb.jpg.3816c9c

Interior is testors flat black and model master leather... chrome pieces covered with tamiya smoke...

IMG_20170728_095956444.thumb.jpg.a4252f0IMG_20170728_095942338.thumb.jpg.451731e

This slump buster build is whipping my tail... there's quite a few things that have small fitment issues... but so far so good.

Stay tuned...

Edited by KWT

Well... this was going fairly well... then while installing the windows I sneezed and now have glue on the windshield. :angry: $@*&$%&@#U*@&#@^#&@!&@#$%

a secret for installing windows from someone that has ruined a few. Cures in 5 seconds. Works for ALOT of pain in the rear stuff. Instant set. And , is removable, will not ruin plastic. Works as filler too. 

IMG_20170728_212128.jpg

Edited by Lizz62

a secret for installing windows from someone that has ruined a few. Cures in 5 seconds. Works for ALOT of pain in the rear stuff. Instant set. And , is removable, will not ruin plastic. Works as filler too. 

IMG_20170728_212128.jpg

I don't believe I've ever heard of that stuff...

:lol: I have been using that UV-glue for over a year now it's great it go's under many names I get under the name of 5 sec bond it's at almost every store I get it on Amazon they have 20 pages of it it's all the same just pick the lowest price one and they even have the refills I also now get that chrome pen there to also much less then other places both the UV-glue and the chrome pen have made modeling much more easy to work with and the UV-glue works very well with all resin I love it when your putting the chrome on it will not leave any haze and you can move it around till your in the right spot and then zap it I hold it for 20 sec's it's the same thing they use to harden the new filling's in your teeth.

IMG_20170728_212128.jpg

Works great for a lot of things!

It makes a great "mock up" glue because it's relatively easy to remove.

I use it extensively for molding small parts.

Especially casting my own head light lenses.

Steve

DSCN5967DSCN6016