Model Cars Magazine Forum

Florence Gilmore

Eshaver

Thanks to Dave Ambrose taking the filters off, I can now share my dioramas . If yer a faceBook fan , I'm the one behind the Zep Diner and Gilmore photos you may have seen on Los Angles groups in years past . I'm currently doing a few more SOCAL Vintage Small commercial structures . This was just West of the famed Zep Diner on West Florence and Denver . Today, a Valero self service stands where a Richfield and a Gilmore stood . A McDonald's stands on the Zep diner property

Florence Gilmore lit up.jpg

Florence Gilmore lit up 2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Florence got heavily damaged as a result of improper packing last year at the Lewis Ginter Botanical gardens miniatures show in Richmond Virginia . As it stands , the whole thing will now have to be re built . Hopefully , I can have this re built by October 2018 as I have been invited back to participate in the show .

Florence Gilmore lit up 2.jpg

Florence Gilmore lit up.jpg

Really nice diorama Ellen, and sorry to hear that it got damaged. I shall be transporting my first diorama to my first ever show next year in June 2018, and I shall be so worried about damaging any of the scale models. The Hooper & Co building itself is very strong in construction and also very light weight, but some of the car models are quite fragile, especially mirrors, roof aerials and the Rolls-Royce Spirit of Ecstasy hood mascot.

Good luck with the rebuilding of Florence !

David