Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Dodge COE - Done and in the finished section

Thanks gents, had a minor set back today with it. Went to a build and bull with the guys two towns over and on the way out the door I dropped the box with the chassis in it. Blew the engine out of it and the wheels off of it!!! Irked me pretty good but it went back together easy enough, got the fifth wheel on it today as well... sanded the tanks and got them ready for primer then paint!!! 

Working on this til parts come back for the Pete wrecker.... hoping to get this done before!!!!!! This will be done in Sunoco livery and will have the Lindberg tanker behind it when done!!!!!!

Looking good Kerry. Did you open the hood?

Hey Dan, no I left the hood closed. I thought about opening it up but didn't want to put that much detail in this one. It has the engine in it but kept plain just so if anyone looks under it it's there.... I looked at it as I was rescribing the panel lines and noticed the side panels behind the grille angle back and it's straight up and down at the cowl. Meaning it would of been hard to lift the hood off unless I split the sides and made it a three piece hood.... Or reworked the back edge of the grille....

Thanks for the kudos on it though, much appreciated...

• 4 weeks later...

Good choice Kerry.I love the fact that you're building a vehicle from the '40's instead of a more modern vehicle.Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Tom, appreciate it... just pulled this one up yesterday and took the cab to work. Fitting interior into it now and sanded the body to prep for paint... this doesn't need a ton to finish it so maybe I can get it done

I think it's a shame that more of the vehicles from that decade are not available to builders.I am probably prejudiced there as I was born in '42.As a result of the war there are probably fewer surviving vehicles from that decade that any other in history.Goof luck with your build,I'll be following along.