Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Dodge COE - Done and in the finished section

At least I think it's a 41, not sure. One of Jimmy Flintstone resin bodies.. Dodge L700 chassis with the front axle moved forward. Added a half inch to the front of the frame...

trying to decide on wheel choice right now... leaning more towards the resin ones as I want this to be dated to a later vintage.. 

not sure if it's looking the part of what I'm after but this is it so far..... what do ya think???? Be honest!!!!!

IMG_4966.thumb.JPG.7489d29de809db9aa4c96IMG_4967.thumb.JPG.9d31d54ae5a3fc1c7a294IMG_4969.thumb.JPG.06c6de7fe16a1394f63a0

IMG_4968.JPG

Edited by DrKerry

have the same , i use the opel blitz as donor , here a picture of it , with the wheels from the kit

c1fb75afc0c7c155a5ea86d1feaef715.jpg

its not finishd yet , must make a bumper for it and its stil loose , first put everything in the good place

lookin how your,s wil go

jacobus

All these look great, and Kerry the Dodge cabover makes a great donor, I went with the J/F resin White 3000 cabover and tire wheel combo, the chassis from the Dodge L600 is the right size for S/A tractor..

DSC08127

I'm eyeing that one up too!!!!! Was thinking of stopping at Jimmys and grabbing one of them myself!!!!

Check the curvature of the front fender openings.  They look like they could be smoothed up a bit.  Can I suggest making a template of an opening using a compass on a piece of paper.  Cut out the template and place it against the opening to see if it is round.  Tires and wheels look pretty nice!