Model Cars Magazine Forum

LHD Gulf Seven

Scale-Master

I drew the art and printed decals.

The tops of the carbs have been installed and the fuel fittings were machined/fabricated and attached to them.  A section of the fuel line is on too. 
It's starting to get tight between the carbs.  But there is enough clearance for the linkages to work without rubbing the wires.

Glkco8z.jpg

Edited by Scale-Master

Thanks for the info Mark.  My next question is: what exactly did you use for the ignition wires? The color and surface finish looks very realistic (like silicone-insulated wires). But you couldn't really apply waterslide decals to that type of material and have them stick. Also, did you seal those decals with some clear lacquer, or just applied and left it as it was?

Edited by peteski

Thanks guys!

Peter: The wires are a vinyl material.  I'm not sure of the exact source because when I see something that could work for scale wiring of all sizes I grab it and stash it until the project comes along that could use it. 

It was prepped with lacquer thinner to give it a matte finish.  It has enough tooth to accept decals, but I will seal them with clear lacquer once I'm done with the other hoses and lines as they are very fragile at this stage and will not stay attached for too long being applied the raw material.