Model Cars Magazine Forum

LHD Gulf Seven

Scale-Master

The wheels and tires have been installed plus well over 100 aluminum parts have been machined and added that are just mounting hardware (bolts, washers and nuts). 

I also replaced the padding on the transmission tunnel.  It looks the same, but it's better than the first one…

kkuFOjK.jpg

3IAM4rb.jpg

Can't wait to see this on the comp when I get home...

Looks amazing on my tiny phone with a cracked screen?

Love the Gulf colours and all the paint work and handmade detail look top notch Mark ??

The things you do to these 7's is incredible!

Cheers?

Edited by Belugawrx

Thanks guys!  It is getting close...  But there's still plenty to do.

It is an occasional weekend racer and therefore could use some numbers for the autocross tracks, but for day to day use the vinyl cling numbers on roundels are stored in this cardboard tube.

The tube is Evergreen stock; the caps are milled from raw resin.

GjJdBP9.jpg

I made decals for the cardboard and labels.  The bottom is taped on like the full size counterpart I copied.

Bnl85pS.jpg

cs4ELdt.jpg

The sheer amount of workmanship and man hours that have gone into this little car......... it doesn't get any better than this. Miniature automobile engineering at it's absolute finest. All I can say Mark...... you are indeed the ' Scale-Master '

David

... I just started breathing normally again since the “three-piece odometer reset knob” ... please slow down and never finish this

seriously Mark, a big part of this wonderful build is how perfect your scaling is (hence “Scale-Master” I know) ... do you convert every measurement or eyeball some, or a lot? ... like the wiring

Is your vector program for decals and parts preset with a scaled template or do you size after?

the detailing, execution, design, etc is amazing but I’ve never seen such consistent true scaling ... 

Thanks guys!

It does seem to have a content smile.

I need to finish it by the end of the month (even though I swore to myself I was not going to put a deadline on it three years ago).  But I want to have it done for the GSL.

I measure and scale everything, but some things don't look right even though they are mathematically correct, so that's where some adjusting and and fine tuning come in.

As a last resort I use the exacting process of T.L.A.R. and scaling at the same time.

My vector program is just a tool, I define the scale to fit each part.

Mark, I am glad to see you mentioned the "scale effect".  I have long believed one needs to make adjustments when the mathematical scale dimension (and color and shine sometimes) needs  to be adjusted to look right in scale.  I feel that is one of the issues with 3D generated models.