Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Cadillac window hearse 7/27/17 Update

thatz4u

Al I rode in a White 1966 Cadillac Miller  hearse/ambulance from MI to Daytona Beach twice. Rode like a dream in the back. Drivers seat was broke down pretty good by the time my buddy traded some work for it. 429 powered man would it cruise. We got plenty of looks on the way there and on the beach. 

Al I rode in a White 1966 Cadillac Miller  hearse/ambulance from MI to Daytona Beach twice. Rode like a dream in the back. Drivers seat was broke down pretty good by the time my buddy traded some work for it. 429 powered man would it cruise. We got plenty of looks on the way there and on the beach. 

would be fun to do even now, a kool kamper, no one would bother you while you were asleep...

I just read a statement from David A. Gudzinas. It read "Each kit I build is really only practice for the next one". I like that. See, it's been about 20 years since I built one and I've been getting discouraged looking at everybody else's work because mine look bad compared to the. But I guess he's right, so I'll just plug along and try to get better. I'm going to put that saying over my work bench to remind me that I'll get better. Thanks David:)20170720_111855.thumb.jpg.550d37ccb61d34

Very cool. Looking forward to the end...result.

I've always had a fascination with hearses. I want one, laid out on bags, license plate says "MRSCARY."

Because after all, life's a grave. You've got to dig it.

:)

Hearses are cool, most have A/C..they make great campers, or flea market trucks...:D

I just read a statement from David A. Gudzinas. It read "Each kit I build is really only practice for the next one". I like that. See, it's been about 20 years since I built one and I've been getting discouraged looking at everybody else's work because mine look bad compared to the. But I guess he's right, so I'll just plug along and try to get better. I'm going to put that saying over my work bench to remind me that I'll get better. Thanks David:)20170720_111855.thumb.jpg.550d37ccb61d34

You're welcome Terry. I'm honored that you've found inspiration in that line. 

Thanks for sharing that

David G.

Coming along very nicely, Al. Good job on the foil work.

I love the color and foil work. I knew someone who had a 69 Caddy in almost exactly that color.

David G.

I used a ton of BMF on this build, trying to improve the skillset