Model Cars Magazine Forum

Riddler - Batman 1967 - Moebius 1/8 scale

This is the Moebius 1/8 scale Riddler.

This kit was built basically OOB with the exception of a modification I made to the neck in order to reduce the inclination of the Riddler's head and drop his gaze a little lower.

A wedge of plastic was removed from underneath the chin to enable the head to tilt further down and a cut was made at the hairline in the back so that the back of the head could match up to the new position of the forward portion of the head. The resulting gap at the back of the head was filled
in with Milliputty and sculpted to blend in.

With the exception of the work involved with the modification, the assembly of the kit went very well with minimum filling and sanding to eliminate the seams.

The only snag I ran into was with the decals - not Moebius' fault though. I tried a new technique for the decal application and it wasn't until I over sprayed the suit with a flat coat did it become apparent that not all of the decals had settled down properly. Any attempts to remedy the slip-up only made things worse so I had no option but to accept defeat gracefully and leave things as they are. Next time I'm applying decals, I'll stick with the method I know works (every time!)

So, even though it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be, building this kit was a pleasurable experience and I'm looking forward to building the rest of the kits in this range.

Riddler_01.jpg

Riddler_02.jpg

Riddler_03.jpg

Riddler_04.jpg

Riddler_05.jpg

Edited by CarlR