Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 - 72 Ford Truck Long Box Sides With Narrow Body Trim??

Just wondering is anyone out there is casting or is thinking about casting the eight foot bed sides for the Moebius '69-72 F100 with the narrow bed side trim as op0posed to the wider XLT trim on the '71 F100 kits? To build a lower line Custom in any of the years, one could use the '69 Cab with it's narrow trim with a resin bed.. Some of us prefer the lower line model cars and trucks so having the option of a long bed box would be nice.

Thanks Jeff, I checked but did not see any Ford boxes on his site so I have emailed him. I'm thinking that I am not the only one who would like to have the option of building the Custom or Sport Custom pick ups.. I am surprised that no one is offering alternate boxes and tail gates for what is a very popular kit.

You might want to have another look, Gary...

the narrow chrome is  molded on the box sides and cab. A more worthy pursuit for a caster would be a corrected cab ;)

If you compare side by side the moeb cab to an amt cab you'll see the roof crown and lower side curve-under that got missed by moebius. Then there's the C-pillar widening needed to correct the side window opening... and then there's the artistic impression of the '69 grill, but we won't go there. I won't be holding my breath ^_^

(don't look too close at the hood; used the wrong clear and it crazed :rolleyes:)

P4084137.JPG

Edited by mk11

The deluxe two tone paint job looks great mk11!  The deluxe two tones paint jobs were very popular on Ford pickups in the 60's and 70's. Also great job on the grill detail. You nailed the black trim paint around the headlights perfectly ( not overdone )

Edited by leafsprings

Thank you ! Only forgot to do the black dividing line in the middle of it. Fell in love with that madras blue seen on a gurney edition '68 cougar and still want to paint my 1:1 '68 merc 100 in that combination. Probably going to strip this and redo it right with the above noted modifications to make it more accurate... and try to cobble up an accurate '68/'69 grill. The interior was a try at matching the pic in the '71 brochure  ^_^ 

mike