• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

57 ford galpin gasser

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Outstanding build and so SHINY :D:D:D

Posted

Absolutely perfect !!!

Posted

Outstanding job.  I don't agree with the classification (A/GS) as this denotes a supercharged gasser, but a beautiful build.  Ron.

Posted

Fantastic build in every aspect.  I thought I had the original article somewhere & I stumbled across it last evening.  You did it real justice.   Congratulations.  cheers, tim

Posted

Just outstanding!  An incredibly well done and beautiful build.

Posted

Turned out great, you definitely nailed it.

Posted

Epic build. Great job on the BMF. What do you use on the windows to make them that nice?

Posted

Way cool!

Posted

Impressive!!

Posted

Very nice!!

Posted

That is a very tidy build, with so many perfect details.  

Posted

I'm speechless.....omg fantastic job.  If only I could do such a great build!

Posted

Beautiful build.

I was born in Van Nuys, CA. Then moved to San Fernando in '56. Galpin Ford was born in San Fernando. Then in 66 moved to Van Nuys. Kinda crossed paths. For years I bought most all of my parts for my Fords from Galpin's parts department. World's largest Ford dealer for decades and still are. Also Number 1 Jag, Saturn, Mazda, and most everything else they decide to sell.

As for the designation of A/GS...can't blame the model builder for putting the markings on the model just as they are on the full scale car he's building a model of. But as  guy who grew up around car racing and has spent many years making a living restoring vintage race cars and hot rods and building cars that weren't racers before into "vintage racers", I've come to the conclusion that in the world of vintage racing, there is a huge amount of what I call "creative memory". Lots of people involved who weren't there when that sort of racer was actually "racing", but have the money to pay for getting involved in it now. So such inaccuracies happen ALL THE TIME. Lots of vintage racers are built these days not for actual racing, but for magazines, internet articles, car shows, etc. If it actually got raced, it would have to have the correct markings. But as a show car, they get away with such inaccuracies. Ron was right "A/GS" DOES stand for "A/Gas Supercharged" The appropriate designation would have been A/G, or more probably D/G, as that big sedan is an awfully heavy car compared to a little bitty Anglia or some of the other cars that ran in A/G in the day. Most '55 Chevies, 57 Fords and such raced in the day in B, C or D/G with big block engines. The classes were broken down according to weight in pounds per cubic inch of engine.

Posted

That is outstanding work. Absolutely perfect.

Posted

Fantastic engine detail especially the carbs!

Posted

Awesome Build !

Posted

Great looking Gasser!

Posted

Not enough e's in sweeeeeeeeet for that one! Beautiful job!!

BP;)

Posted

Super cool and super clean! Looks fantastic!

Posted

Beautiful, I hope you find Windsor Ford headers for it though. That isn't a y-block in there. ;)

Posted

Gotta tell ya,I'm not really into Gassers,but yours is absolutely wild.Great job.Love the color too.

Posted (edited)

Great looking model. I'd be happy to have that on my own shelf. Very nice.

But...as El Caballo mentioned, the exhaust port spacing on your headers is Y-block Ford. The later smallblocks, that use the valve covers you have, have evenly spaced exhaust ports.

Still, a very attractive, clean and well-executed build.  

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted

Great model! Excellent work!   I live close to Galpin Ford, here in the San Fernando Valley. They have been doing custom and restorative work for years at their GAS, ( Galpin Auto Sports ) business across the street from the dealership proper. As an engine builder, personally, were I them, and had access to what they have, I'd have built a 427 wedge or SOHC for that showcar, just for the extra pizazz and "oh-wow" factor!