Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see some police cars

Slotto

Just finished this one a few months ago...

1965 Chevy Biscayne wagon, Boston PD.  Built from the resin Modelhaus Impala wagon, "de-trimmed" to a Biscayne.  Monogram Impala convertible used as the donor.  Engine swap to a 327 from one of the other Rev/Mono kits.  Custom decals, vacuum formed beacon, Modelhaus steel wheels and caps, Tamiya paints, blue and light gray as per the Boston scheme at the time.

DSCF2610.JPG

DSCF2613.JPG

Edited by tomsheehy

These are patrol units from my home department, Yellowstone County Sheriff's Office. The models are Motormax diecasts. I had the decals printed by Microscale based on photos I took of the cars. The white Crown Victoria is from 2009, the black and white one from 2011, and the SUV Interceptor from 2015. They use the SUV primarily but still have a few of the Crown Vics on the streets. The decal sheet is set up to do older paint schemes, too.

cvwhite3.jpg

cvbnw1.jpg

suv1.jpg

From 1958 to 1984 swedish police-cars were black'n white. I build quite a lot of VW's and I really like VW rods. So, I decided to build a "themed" VW rod using nothing but the worst VW scrap parts I could find in my stash. I think a total of 8-10 different VW's donated parts for this build.

195-210.jpg

198-210.jpg

201-210.jpg

205-210.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's a few of mine!
A Texas DPS Charger from Lindberg (glue kit), a N.J. State police Charger from Testors (repainted black and white die-cast) and an Impala (L.V. P.D) from CSI T.V.series.

I also have my own country in Québec, Chevy Caprice 1995 Under construction...since a while, i did all the modifications from the Impala SS myself (Wheels, interior police seats and floorpan to remove the center console) and the decals are from BillBozo..

Modlesnovembre2011019-vi.jpgModelesdivers7novembre2008021-vi.jpg

100_4500-vi.jpg

On 1/6/2018 at 1:33 PM, tomsheehy said:

Just finished this one a few months ago...

1965 Chevy Biscayne wagon, Boston PD.  Built from the resin Modelhaus Impala wagon, "de-trimmed" to a Biscayne.  Monogram Impala convertible used as the donor.  Engine swap to a 327 from one of the other Rev/Mono kits.  Custom decals, vacuum formed beacon, Modelhaus steel wheels and caps, Tamiya paints, blue and light gray as per the Boston scheme at the time.

DSCF2610.JPG

DSCF2613.JPG

Wrong hubcaps.  Those are for the 74-1990 full-size police.

These are the proper hubcaps for a 65-66 full-size Chevy police.

1965 Chevy Biscayne - Bel Air hubcap a (2).jpg

1965 Chevy Biscayne - Bel Air hubcap b.jpg

Edited by DEL

On 7/11/2017 at 6:25 AM, oldnslow said:

Here's a fictional 40 ,

100_0309.JPG

Actually not so fictional, FHP has a 40 Ford that some of the guys restored and it is seen at fairs and other public access events. May not look exactly like yours, but they do have one.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, 89AKurt said:

Ok, I'll bite.  Arizona DPS Viper with the Copperhead engine package. :rolleyes:  I scratch-built all the cop parts, and Chimneyville printed a decal sheet based on pictures I took, noticed recently no longer available.

757535546_81cae15017_o_Fotor.jpg

Nice! Do you have any more pics?

18 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I do, but took these long ago with low resolution digital camera.

757535530_8b0f4f70f0_o.jpg

Nice Viper!!  I have a kit sitting around and some left over Ohio State Patrol decals... I might just have to do one myself.

Edited by pcm1977

My Police cars that I have built over the years and you can tell by the "workmanship" that they possess, I have improved over the years.  The first was the '92 Caprice followed by the '96 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor New Hampshire State Police.  My '70 Ford Custom  was next modeled after the Danny Williams car from Hawaii 5-0, the '00 Crown Vic Police Interceptor Highway Patrol, and the 2005 NYPD Police car.  I have the Lindberg 2008 Dodge Charger to build as a New Hampshire State Police Car.

DSCN0600.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

DSCN0603.JPG

DSCN0604.JPG

Edited by mrmike