Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4 Quarter 2017

Mr mopar

Several interesting possibilities.....

1953 Chevy Bel air 3'n1-Monogram again or a new mold using parts of the Olds?

Baja Bronco-I really want to see this. Is this a serious kit or just the current Bronco with different tires

1929 Model A roaster-wonder if there will be any changes.

ZZ top Eliminator-anyone want a deal on an original unopened kit?

1985 olds 442 show car- Hmmmmmmmmm

1980 Jeep honcho ice patrol-its been bringing big money......was bringing big money

1978 GMC pickup-not my bag

Dave Deal's wheels Baja Humbug-guess my original lost its value.

The Olds is the '85 442 with the option of building the FE3-X concept car version that was discussed back when the '83 Hurst/Olds kit came out. 

The '78 GMC pickup is currently available with a snowplow, I wonder if this will be a reissue sans snowplow... 

Odd about the Jeep Ice Patrol---googling Revell Ice Patrol comes up with box art for a '78 Chevy/GMC step side...were there two Ice Patrol kits?   

Edited by Rob Hall

Good stuff.......

Baja Bronco......Look at the trees on the stock kit. No inside here......but I always saw a Big Oly type wing in that empty spot on the chrome tree. I doubt it would be a Big Oly because nothing from the stock kit to make a 100% accurate Oly. I think Revell will give you some key parts and how far you go is up to you.  I look forward to it.....or seeing what it is. 

ZZ top Eliminator

This isn't bad kit at all. It goes together quite nicely. All this kit needs to become very popular with builders again is a few simple additions. They are all very simple and wouldn't cost much in the grand scheme.

Vintage finned valve covers.

A tripower intake with three strombergs or a caddy style aircleaner.

Stock hood sides.

Trade out the ZZTop interior pieces with some of the unskinned door panels and seats like they put in the 30 Model A.

Steel wheels and some wide white decals for the big and little tires that they have always used.

Good stuff.......

Baja Bronco......Look at the trees on the stock kit. No inside here......but I always saw a Big Oly type wing in that empty spot on the chrome tree. I doubt it would be a Big Oly because nothing from the stock kit to make a 100% accurate Oly. I think Revell will give you some key parts and how far you go is up to you.  I look forward to it.....or seeing what it is. 

Not to mention all of the licensing for the sponsor decals.   But they could fake it as a 'Big Ollie'... 

The ZZ Top Eliminator kit could be way better than the original, if Revell leaves in some of the alterations they made for the Thom Taylor cabriolet that they issued afterward.  The chassis now has the molded-in stock exhaust system removed, and a 9" Ford rear axle included.  Now, if they'd only get a decent engine in there to replace that Pontiac mill that they're calling a Chevy...

The Olds is the '85 442 with the option of building the FE3-X concept car version that was discussed back when the '83 Hurst/Olds kit came out. 

The '78 GMC pickup is currently available with a snowplow, I wonder if this will be a reissue sans snowplow... 

Odd about the Jeep Ice Patrol---googling Revell Ice Patrol comes up with box art for a '78 Chevy/GMC step side...were there two Ice Patrol kits?   

Maybe they'll put the fender flares and Hickey style hood from the Jimmy in ,, or maybe the stepside bed from the Chevy ,, or maybe both ?? :mellow:

But, yea, there never was a Jeep version of the "Ice Patrol" kit, only the Chevy. 

Edited by Can-Con

But, yea, there never was a Jeep version of the "Ice Patrol" kit, only the Chevy. 

That's what I thought...I've seen pics of the Chevy Ice Patrol, looks like a neat kit.   I have the Jeep Honcho '80s or 90s issue molded in black...no chrome, decent but pretty basic kit...

That's what I thought...I've seen pics of the Chevy Ice Patrol, looks like a neat kit.   I have the Jeep Honcho '80s or 90s issue molded in black...no chrome, decent but pretty basic kit...

It's the same basic kit as thier Revell street machine kit but with jacked up suspension instead of dropped.  ,,same I-beam front axle. The '70s era Arctic Cat looks pretty good though.

It's the same basic kit as thier Revell street machine kit but with jacked up suspension instead of dropped.  ,,same I-beam front axle. The '70s era Arctic Cat looks pretty good though.

Ah, yeah...the Revell Chevy pickup, not the ex-Monogram one. 

69 Dodge Charger Daytona 2n1!.....Aaaawwwww come on! What happened to the  stock version of the 70 Dodge Charger that was being derived from the FnF kit.? To quote John McEnroe...."You Can't Be Serious!"

Edited by satterwhite78

69 Dodge Charger Daytona 2n1!.....Aaaawwwww come on! What happened to the  stock version of the 70 Dodge Charger that was being derived from the FnF kit.? To quote John McEnroe...."You Can't Be Serious!"

Huh??  The '70 R/T was already announced for 3rd quarter...a while back.  The '69 Daytona is getting a reissue in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Rob Hall

Now if Revell REALLY wanted to do something, they would update the Eliminator to how it current looks, rather than it's 1980s video fame.

gibbons1-640x512.jpg

Look up the video for the "new" (2012) ZZTop song "I Gotsa Get Paid" to see it, along with 3 other rat style hot rods and some pretty girls driving around in the Mohave.

Edited by niteowl7710

The ZZ Top Eliminator kit could be way better than the original, if Revell leaves in some of the alterations they made for the Thom Taylor cabriolet that they issued afterward.  The chassis now has the molded-in stock exhaust system removed, and a 9" Ford rear axle included.  Now, if they'd only get a decent engine in there to replace that Pontiac mill that they're calling a Chevy...

This is what I did with it almost 20 years ago

100_0070.JPG

The '53 Bel Air 3n1 is listed as 1/24 scale, so that would indicate it's the venerable Monogram kit.

The Jeep Honcho "Ice Patrol" is interesting considering the Revell Chevy kit is 1/25, that would make that snowmobile out of scale.

The '78 GMC w/Plow is still in the catalog unless they plan to discontinue it any day now, and it seems kinda pointlessly odd to do that considering if it doesn't sell well enough with the plow to keep it around, what's the point of selling it without one?  Do they maybe plan to put a GMC Grill into the old Monogram Chevy Stepside kit? Or maybe someone in the marketing department doesn't realize it's a Chevrolet, or can't tell the difference? It's been awhile since that kit been reissued as well.

One thing that's on Tower that isn't mentioned in the OP list is - #24 Chase Elliot NASCAR Chevrolet SS - so the new glue kits continue, this was a given since there was a SS in the SnapTite kits.  The question is whether the Fusions and the SS sell well enough to begat the Camry.  Sexton said at NNL East they want to do the Camry, but it's all dependent on the sales numbers.