Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Impala saved

59 Impala

I want to thank Bill Geary for the top of this car.  I was able to save it by using the 59 Impala top.  I still have some work to do on the chassis so that it will fit up under the body.  I mixed Brass, Gold, Copper, Metallic Red and Ruby Red to get the color.  It's mostly Copper, but has a little Red tint to it.  Again, thanks Bill.  I hope you guys like it.  Dan

DSC04736.JPG

DSC04740.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4286.JPG

IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

Thanks for the kind words guys.  It's nice to have people who are willing to help out others when needed.  That's why I love this hobby and the kind people in it.  Helping others is what this is all about.  Bill, if you can ever get to Columbus Ohio in March for our contest (Buckeye Scale Auto Club), I would greatly like to meet you.  Dan

Bill, if you can ever get to Columbus Ohio in March for our contest (Buckeye Scale Auto Club), I would greatly like to meet you.  Dan

Well thanks for the invite Dan! I'll have to see how things go between now and then, but I'd love to head out that way! :D

Thanks guys.  I've mixed up enough of this color to paint one more car.  The mix is like all the others that I've done and don't remember how much of each color I used.  Bummer.  All except one, and that was a green that I painted a 53 custom Ford.  I used Testors light green and it was a PLA color mix.  The newer color is not the same shade and me and another hobbyist spent 4 hours one Saturday mixing the colors needed to get the same shade.  That one I have written down.  I guess that I should write down all the mixes, but I just didn't think of it at the time.

Bill, we'd love to have you attain our show.  We are getting bigger and better every year.  This past show we had guys from Delaware and Maine and it was their first ever show and they said that they will be back next year.  We also get people from all the surrounding states and from the South.  So far, Jim Haught from Scale Auto has been at our show four years in a row.  We hope to get someone from Model Cars to come and take pictures also.  I think last year there was someone from MC who did take pics, not sure.  Anyway, have a great day and keep on buildin.  Dan

• 2 weeks later...