Model Cars Magazine Forum

MINIDREAMS F-350 Crew Cab Completed !

David@MinidreamsInc.

holy ###### that thing is awesome!! thats some sweet detail work!! WOW is all i have to say, and you've got some steady hands man..lol..nice, nice, work! give me some tips on that interior please, how did you get so fine and get the details, airbrush, 0 brush? if you don't mind that is?

UNBELIEVEABLE - I do feel that the engineering, fit and execution of the 4 opening doors is probably one of the best scale feats accomplished!! I've only seen working features of that caliber before - from Mister Obssessive!!!! :D:D:D

Edited by lizardlust

Hey guys thanks for all kind words on this build ! To respond to some of the statements that have been posted !

Mr. BIGGS is a great freind of mine ! He is also my Pres. for the M.C.B.A. in which i was voted in in 2006!

My builds only look the way they do cause i LOVE THE HOBBY and your guys replies weather you like me idea or not helps keep me moving forward ! Say someone said WOW THAT IS COOL ! Then i'll keep it in build but if someone said THAT DONT FIT THE FLOW ! Then i step back take a second look and if i feel its ture i'll change it ! Alot of projects are builds that i dream up off the top of my head so input works out great for me !

And for the kind man that said that my talent level was the same as Bills ! LOL ! I dont know about that ! LOL! Man my best built kit that bill did was the drop top GTO ! Bills builds are art work ! I am just a hobbiest still learning ! And following builds that MR. BIGGS, and Bill have done just keep me tring ! Most of my talent is in LOWRIDERS but i enjoy building all types of cars !

And now to answer some questions!

The wheels came off some DUB CITY kits and since the kits come with 2 sets of wheels i cut the lip off 1 set and added them to the rear for the width and then painted the centers GUN METAL gray !

The pin strip work is just that ! I use gel ink pens on a lot of builds for the detail ! The more you work with the easier they are to use ! I didnt always get them that stright and even ! LOL!

Here's just a look at a build i did in LOWRIDER STYLE !

101_0963.jpg

Thanks a lot fellas for the replies !

Nice work MINI. I've seen your builds before on other sites. I'd say your pretty high up there w/ Bill and others. Builders like yall , keep builders like me wanting to learn and try new things. THANKS. By the way what kind of (GEL PENS) do you use .Brand name , size , etc. Maybe a pic. if you can .TIA