Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling all MOPAR guys! I've got some eye candy for you! Chryslers at Carlisle!

Just got back a bit ago from the Chryslers at Carlisle show which is held each year at their fairgrounds here in PA. LOTS and LOTS of MOPARS of every type, and there's just so much to be seen, I just took pics of what caught my fancy.

IMG_3001.JPG

Very unusual combination.........I should have taken a pic of the placard for the info on this! I've never seen this color combo, and I now have to wonder if this was a special order, or just someone wanting to be different with their Superbird?

IMG_2973.JPG

Hey a birth year Imperial! Couldn't resist this one!

IMG_2910.JPG

Very nice (and unusual) Dodge Wagon!

More to see here.......use the roll feature if you'd like, and I'm sure there's more than a few modeling ideas! ;)

LOL! :lol:

I couldn't let that one go Tom! It's the first one of those I've seen around ANYWHERE for a loooooong time! Not a bad price, but heaven knows how it runs, and more so what type of parts it'll need down the road-----------some of which are unobtainium by now!

Thank you Bill I sure miss Mopar shows ........................... and that 4 door Barracuda never seen that one ? I can't remember the deal with the Superbird with the White roof and Decals ,I believe  it was in a Mopar Magazine some years ago . and I sure like it that the AMC are attending mopar shows  .

thx

You're welcome Tim!

Doug, I thought that there would be more AMC's than what I saw show up. I've been there in past years, and there were a lot more. Some others may have shown up later, but they had their own section for AMC's and just not that many were there unfortunately. :(

Not a Mopar guy per se, but I figured I'd have a look. Glad I did. :) When did they start letting AMC products into Mopar meets? I mean, I might go to a few if I knew I was going to see... things like this.... *creepy moaning*...

photo53-vi.jpg

And that 4-door Barracuda prototype/one-off/thingie... I have a Revell '70 Hemi 'Cuda kit laying around and I've been wondering what to do with it. :) 

Edited by Chuck Most

• 1 month later...

Jason, I'd say the weather was 'bout PERFECT for a car show! I was a little nervous as I had left from work that Saturday morning to head to the show. We had some sprinkles that seemed to be lingering and I was hoping that it would not be a rain out. As I got closer to Carlisle the skies really brightened up and all was well. 

I only left a tad early as the sun was out in full force, and as the morning wore on, it was getting a bit too toasty for me on the fairgrounds with little to no shade. 

I'll definitely be back next year (if the weather cooperates), as there was so much eye candy there, it can be hard to take it all in. ;)

The more door Cuda had it's picture on the cover of Hot Rod along with a couple of other interesting 1:1 builds. Very disappointed that they had nothing inside about the car. They did have two interesting cars that may be worth looking at just for inspiration. A '69 Camaro that had a Corvair roof and many other styling ideas. The one I liked was a '64 Tempest two door wagon. Far more went into that than you would think.

• 1 month later...

Not a Mopar guy per se, but I figured I'd have a look. Glad I did. :) When did they start letting AMC products into Mopar meets? I mean, I might go to a few if I knew I was going to see... things like this.... *creepy moaning*...

photo53-vi.jpg

And that 4-door Barracuda prototype/one-off/thingie... I have a Revell '70 Hemi 'Cuda kit laying around and I've been wondering what to do with it. :) 

I think most MoPar meets have included AMC ever since Chrysler aquired the company.

Thank you Bill I sure miss Mopar shows ........................... and that 4 door Barracuda never seen that one ? I can't remember the deal with the Superbird with the White roof and Decals ,I believe  it was in a Mopar Magazine some years ago . and I sure like it that the AMC are attending mopar shows  .

thx

Have to agree on the Superbird..White striped headlight surrounds and top..If Galen said it correct I would be suspicious..He authertized a 66 Coronet 500 Convertible from where I live twice..I know it started out as a 383 auto car..The 70 Cuda sedan I think was custom made..The side glass it too high compared to the W/shield..I've read somewhere that someone built it as a what if..Very nicely done though..