Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar "D-Type"

Dann Tier

That looks fantastic Dann. The engine is inspirational. I agree... the XKSS is a great kit. I've done one, and there's another in the stash to kitbash with a Lindbergh D-Type, to (hopefully) achieve a similar effect to you!

Great job.

beat,

M.

Cant wait to see you build it!  -in my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful cars EVER made.

Absolutely beautiful. A real stunner, and your work on the headrest fairing is top line.

I have one waiting in the wings, along with a couple of the curbside Lindberg D-types, and bought some of the Archer and Micro-Mark rivet transfers to experiment with.

Your solution to the rivet problem looks very very good.

Thanks!!, let us know how those transfers work for you, I was checking those out too and was curious.

Absolutely Beautiful Jag Dann!! One of my favorite road racers of the '50's! :wub:

I did something similar to the D-Type I did years ago. I used the ROG XK-SS kit as a base, but I used a junk Mercedes 300 SLR kit headrest for it, as well as scratchbuilt the fin. I wish I had those PE rivets when I did mine.............I drilled out all those holes and placed individual "rivets" (Tichy Train Group) into each one!

Talk about rivet counting! :wacko:

Thanks!!  -it'd be really cool to see yours!!

Well, I don't like to thread hijack, so here's just one.........

P5070338.jpg

For more pics you can click here. ;)

I don't like it when people "thread Hijack" either, but in this case, I asked you to share your pic. You did a Museum quality masterpiece there!!!!! Love how you opened-up everything too!!, I thought often about doing that with my builds, but people are gonna want to see that stuff open and shut, and the more times I handel it, means the more I risk breaking it. Sometimes i.ve even been known to glue working parts shut on purpose, and if I do want the doors on a kit to open, I will glue the passenger side shut. To me, most of the detail will be on the drivers side anyway. Love your building style!!, keep up the great work!!

Maybe stock builds like yours and Mr. Geary's are why I only build crazy customs!  Just beautiful.  And I really like your diorama setting.

Actually Bill's Jag is more true to stock than mine, I VERY rarely build "stock" -cant bring myself to do it....LOL!!  -Your compliments are very much appreciated, and by the way, you are a GREAT builder!!  -Glad you liked the backdrop as well:D