Model Cars Magazine Forum

wrecker question

The Can-Do and the recent re-issue of the Can-Do wich got the name Will-Do Peterbilt Rotator Wreckers are not that hard to find, they are on ebay most of the time...but they are expensive. 
Here is one, Will-Do Rotator Wrecker ...as I said...they are expensive...so it depends on how much you want one. :rolleyes:
I have also seen just the rotator wrecker body listed there from time to time but not often.
Of course you can scratchbuild anything you want with lots of work, but the wrecker unit on the Revell AG Kenworth is totally different from the Can-Do / Will-Do unit so it might be better to start from scratch.
The Revell AG Kenworth Wrecker are getting more and more expensive too as they only did a short run when it was re-issued last, and they are slowly creeping up towards the $100 mark.

Edited by Force

The Can-Do and the recent re-issue of the Can-Do wich got the name Will-Do Peterbilt Rotator Wreckers are not that hard to find, they are on ebay most of the time...but they are expensive. 
Here is one, Will-Do Rotator Wrecker ...as I said...they are expensive...so it depends on how much you want one. :rolleyes:
I have also seen just the rotator wrecker body listed there from time to time but not often.
Of course you can scratchbuild anything you want with lots of work, but the wrecker unit on the Revell AG Kenworth is totally different from the Can-Do / Will-Do unit so it might be better to start from scratch.
The Revell AG Kenworth Wrecker are getting more and more expensive too as they only did a short run when it was re-issued last, and they are slowly creeping up towards the $100 mark.

thanks for the heads up!  it is a new listing but I never would have found it cause silly me was searching for peterbilt wrecker on ebay and this listing didn't show up when I searched just a few minutes ago..now find me a dodge nascar truck kit...ive used many combinations of search words on ebay to no avail

You're welcome.
Of course you can convert the KW wrecker to a tri-axle and to a rotator if you want to, everything is possible with a little work.
Here are links to the instructions for both the Can-Do / Will-Do and the KW Wreckers and you can compare them.
Can-Do / Will-Do
Kenworth W900 Wrecker

thanks again...unless I bite the bullet for the will do kit I think ill get 2 much less expensive kits and scratch build the bed/rotator...of course if I go that route it will have to be one of the twin steer, 6 total axle monsters..lol

thanks again...unless I bite the bullet for the will do kit I think ill get 2 much less expensive kits and scratch build the bed/rotator...of course if I go that route it will have to be one of the twin steer, 6 total axle monsters..lol

Nothin' wrong with extra axles! :D

Stepps 1B.jpg