Model Cars Magazine Forum

Danbury Mint 1958 Plymouth Fury

MrObsessive

Yeah, I know! I'm going to be building one of these in the not too distant future! But when I see a nice diecast such as one from Danbury or the Franklin Mint, and it's at a GREAT price--------well, I just can't pass it up!

I got this one from Amy Pristovnik (Harry's daughter) and the funny thing is, I was just taking pictures of this very car at the Chryslers at Carlisle show here in PA. In fact, the pictures I have are THE car that Danbury used to model this one according to the fellow that owned it.

So, here are some pics-----unfortunately, the antenna base on the driver's side had a little mishap, but I fastened it on as best I could. Just the same, it'll be in a case and then in a cabinet away from my three nosy cats. :P

Enjoy!

P1015903.JPG
P1015904.JPG
P1015905.JPGP1015906.jpgP1015907.JPGP1015909.JPG

Gotta love those fins! Reminds me so much of my Dad's '57 that he bought back in '65 when I was a kid. :)

photo5-vi.jpg
photo6-vi.jpgphoto7-vi.jpg

Really Chris? I've never seen the Christine one!

Yeah, I noticed that too, but at least the trim is "straight"------if ya know what I mean. ;)

One nit I do have about the shape of the body is that to my eyes, the very back of the roof seems to sit just a smidge  "high". Of course taking in consideration manufacturing limitations, and how Danbury chose to do the roof section, I think they pulled it off quite well.

Much better than that other one that shall not be named! ;)

• 2 weeks later...