Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels Coupons

Michaels (Canada) has a 50% off coupon up right now, good for yesterday and today only...(July 19 & 20)

Not sure about the US stores. Just wish the one closest to me had more selection, havent seen any "new" stock rotate in in like a year, they just keep restocking the shelves with the same kits over and over.....I was sure I had bought them out by now.

I just got an e-mail coupon from them a few minutes ago (and I'm in the USA).  No 50% off, just the usual 40%.  But they are having a Clearance Sale right now, with up to 70% off on items with orange clearance tags.

Agree that selection is awful, the same old kits over and over.  The nearest Michael's in my area is very close to a Hobby Lobby. Also near an Ollie's and a Books-A-Million with a good variety of scale model and car magazines.  On my last few trips, I haven't even bothered stopping at Michael's.  The last time I stopped in, I think the newest kit on the shelves was that "Super Stones" Firestone Ford pick-up.  Or maybe the Ohio George '60 Falcon Ranchero.

Got a mailer from Michaels a couple weeks ago for 50% off starting 7/15. Went and checked yesterday to see if they had anything that I couldn't live without. Same O Same O, they're even higher priced than Hobby Lobby and everything had been on the market for months. Went by my favorite Hobby Shop and got the new '66 Suburban. In the end I may have paid about $10 more now than what I would have paid with the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon and I didn't have to wait six months for them to get it.

Breaking news!  Just got another Michael's e-mail flyer this morning.

--Extra 20% off entire purchase, including sale items,

--40% off all fine art acrylic, watercolors and oil paints, brushes, pencils, pastels and markers.  Don't think they carry Molotow markers but don't know for sure.  But this may be a chance to pick up some oil paints/brushes for weathering etc.

These deals are only good thru tomorrow, Sat. 7/22/2017.

I plan on going out today, hopefully without melting since it's supposed to be about 100 degrees/100% humidity.  I'll probably swing by Michaels and check out the art stuff.

Edited by Mike999
Error

I haven't stepped foot in Michaels since Hobby Lobby opened up across the street.  I don't buy kits at either store, just supplies.  Michaels is a pain in the neck, Testors paints are in a locked case, and it  personnel are slow to respond with the key.  Even then they take the can of paint up to the register as if I'm some kind of over the hill tagger!  I thought that was a local law until Hobby Lobby opened and had all their paint out in the open.

The Michaels stores around here have had a pretty lousy selection of kits the last couple of years (one has no Round 2 stuff at all).  But they've probably got the complete selection of Testors brush paints.  The spray cans were locked up for a while, but I believe they have undone that brainstorm lately.

My local Michaels has a very small kit section. Think the only Round 2 kit they have is the '70 1/2 Camaro Z/28. Newest Revell kit is the S&H Torino. The Testors rack isn't locked up in any way and is well stocked though, and sad to say in my local area Michaels is probably the second-best place to buy model paint after Hobby Lobby. Maybe a couple months ago they had a 60% off any item email coupon, and I used that on a Revell '69 Z/28 which brought it down to about $10.

Michaels (Canada) has a 50% off coupon up right now, good for yesterday and today only...(July 19 & 20)

Not sure about the US stores. Just wish the one closest to me had more selection, havent seen any "new" stock rotate in in like a year, they just keep restocking the shelves with the same kits over and over.....I was sure I had bought them out by now.

David, I meet with a group of model builders once a month at a Michaels in Newmarket. I've been attending the group for a year and I've yet to see a reset in the model kit stock in that time. None of the kits that've come out in the last year have shown up there. Sad compared to what I read about what those south of us can access at Hobby Lobby.