Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Build The Tamiya Acura NSX?

Frank, I built one of those MANY years ago (early '90's) and I remember it being very easy to go together. Typical Tamiya where everything fits like a glove, and the stance was dead on perfect. Sorry I have no pics to show you........I actually built this for someone that paid me to make one for them, and I had no camera at the time.

You should have no issues with building this!

BTW the "current" (by that I mean this kit with a red car on the box art - #24100) Honda NSX kit that's still in the catalog has the Acura logos and LHD.  You don't have to dig up and overpay for one of those OOP export kits.

4635_1.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710

Frank, I think you'll be very pleased with the way Tamiya's kits go together! You might end up being spoiled by them! 

The only exception I can think of is the BMW 850i I built a little while ago. In Tamiya's defense however, that kit was actually a reboxed Revell of Germany brand, and man did it show! :o

Other than that, I've never had not even the slightest bit of difficulty with a Tamiya kit.

Thank you for the replies gentlemen, I really appreciate them!

I bought an open-box example of 24101 (silver car on box) from ebay. Had I been more diligent, I could have saved $9.00.  On ebay 24100 (red car on box, see niteowl's post above) is 9 bucks (with shipping) less than what an original cost me. Live and learn!

The kit itself is beautiful. Extremely crisp lines and definition on the parts. The assembly seems very intuitive, no guesswork as to what goes where. I'm really pleased with the kit.

Bill, on the subject of BMW's- how's the Tamiya 635 CSI (stock kit)? Might need to add that one to the collection ;)

I could do with a little spoiling where model kits are concerned... I tend to over complicate everything and allow the perfect to become the enemy of the good!

Bill, on the subject of BMW's- how's the Tamiya 635 CSI (stock kit)? Might need to add that one to the collection ;)

Frank, I can't speak to that kit as I've never built it. It's safe to say that if it's an original Tamiya tooling, there shouldn't be any drama building it. I'm sure lurking out there, that there's a Tamiya tooled kit that someone had difficulty with, I've not run into such a person though. ;)