Model Cars Magazine Forum

Isetta

dlh

My 6th model. The most fun of any model so far.  Next will be the Bentley Blower.

First use of Alclad (love the stuff).  First successful two tone.

The fit of Revell Germany models is just perfect.

DSCF2939.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2940.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG

DSCF2951.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2959.JPG

DSCF2961.JPG

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2945.JPG

Wow, superb build David! Having been born just after WW2 I was getting into cars about the age of seven and there were a lot of these and Messerschmitt bubble cars in the UK. The way that they were parked facing the pavement helped get out onto the pathway and two, you could get two in an ordinary parking space, as you can now with the Smart car.

The Messerschmitt top was made from the fighter aircraft canopy.

photo4-th.jpg

Both the Isetta and messerschmitt were powered by single cylinder two stroke motorcycle engines, noisy and smoky!

Wow, superb build David! Having been born just after WW2 I was getting into cars about the age of seven and there were a lot of these and Messerschmitt bubble cars in the UK. The way that they were parked facing the pavement helped get out onto the pathway and two, you could get two in an ordinary parking space, as you can now with the Smart car.

photo4-th.jpg

Both the Isetta and messerschmitt were powered by single cylinder two stroke motorcycle engines, noisy and smoky!

I just bought a messerschmitt (gunze). I really like the old quirky cars.I'm going to build a Bentley Blower next.  I've also recently bought a Fiat Mefistofele (Italeri). I'm working up th courage to build it.

photo4-th.jpg

BTW, that's a great job.  One of your builds?  Who produced that kit?  You've given me an idea for color choice on the one I bought.