Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Club in Central PA!

Just want to give a shout out for those who live in or near the Central PA area. Tom Rice (SSMan) and I are starting a club and our first meeting date will be August 19, 2017 at the Mechanicsburg Public Library. Meeting time will be 10-2.

The address for the library is:

16 N Walnut St
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

This will be an impromptu meeting of sorts-----no contests, awards, and such----just some folks getting together to talk models and car stuff. So, if you're interested, feel free to drop by, and bring whatever you're working on----or not! :D

We are calling ourselves H.A.M.S.....Harrisburg Area Modelers Society. Future meeting dates and times will be determined at a later time. This will be up to the discretion of the library, as the room might not be available on the same Saturdays each month.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this earlier post.  I will make a real effort to make the next meeting. It would be nice to meet & get to know each of you for the first time.  Kudos to you Bill & Tom for taking the initiative to start one up.   Cheers, Tim

Edited by Codi

Sorry I missed this earlier post.  I will make a real effort to make the next meeting. It would be nice to meet & get to know each of you for the first time.  Kudos to you Bill & Tom for taking the initiative to start one up.   Cheers, Tim

Tim, we'd LOVE to have you there! Sept 23rd, from 10-2 at the Mechanicsburg Library. The address is 16 N Walnut St in Mechanicsburg.

Plenty of seats, nice square tables, we even got a fridge, microwave, and a stove in the room! Gotta have prior permission to use the stove though. Best of all, it's free! Won't cost you a thing!

Hope to see you then!

Thanks Bill, I have oh so many questions for you.........the only reason I might not make it is the NHRA Maple Grove race is that weekend but I think I'm going on Friday to the races and if my wife is cool with it, then Saturday would be great to visit the club and meet the other members.   Calendar is duly marked.   Cheers! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Bill, we have met once or twice at the NNL East show. Before a job change and relocation I was a member of the Keystone Miniatures Model Club. I currently live with my wife in south central Indiana, semi retired, and work part time as a grocery stocker for the local Kroger. I don’t know if you could set up a skype or similar hookup, but I would love to sit in if that would be possible. Unfortunately my work schedule is very irregular so sitting in would be spotty at best. Good luck with the new club!

Paul