Model Cars Magazine Forum

A 1925 T-bird? The Thunderbucket!

mr moto

I've been having a really good time with old Trophy series kits lately and this is another one. AMT 1925 T roadster with the Ford 390 engine from the '34 Ford pickup. The rear end is from a '62 T-bird (narrowed over 1-1/2") and the front has a chopped '32 radiator shell with '34 pickup custom grill and '57 Chrysler headlights grafted on. Hope you like.

IMGP3550.JPG

IMGP3552.JPG

IMGP3553.JPG

IMGP3555.JPG

IMGP3558.JPG

IMGP3559.JPG

• Like 1

Manuel, that is too cool!! And this is coming from someone that's built one street rod in my entire modeling life! 

You guys are tempting me..........I've got a wacky idea rolling around in my head which involves a Corvette! Gotta finish the Shelby and then the Fury first though! ;)

Love it!

I enjoy seeing models built in this mid-60s style. Just enough eccentricity to make 'em interesting-- in addition to the nicely finished paint and detailing, that is! The 390 looks very sharp, considering how simple it is out of the box. I dig how the stock gold valve covers work with the red paint. Way cool :D

That is great, looks perfect nice detailing...........Manuel what do use for spark plug boots on your motor?

The plug boots are made from insulation that was stripped off of 24 AWG solid core wire. The plug wires are 30 AWG "wrapping" wire and it fits inside the #24 perfectly.

• 5 months later...