Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville. 2/20, COMPLETE!!

Looks good Steve.

I did a little work on mine yesterday too. There was too much sanding damage done to the scripts on mine so I sanded them all off along with the door handles. 

The wheel opening trim was damaged too so I ground it off and will replace it and the rocker trim before painting.

The character line down the sides was also somewhat smoothed out so I'm repairing that also.

I'm glad I found a good one! :D

Just a few minor repairs on mine.

Steve

That is quite handsome Steve.  I went to work on my Bonny,  and I found that I was missing  the firewall  and  the core support.  I am going to use '70 Bonneville parts for those missing items. I installed the vinyl roof mouldings; and blocked the body. I cleaned the resin '67 GP up, and it looks fine. I have to scratch-build some tail lamps for thr Bonny  as they've  missing in action.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

There was never a styrene kit of the 67 GP, just the Bonneville.  As told above, there was a Modelhaus resin 67 GP kit.

Hemmings Classic Cars recently had an issue with articles about Pontiac Grand Prixs.  There was a Plum Mist 67 on the cover and featured inside.

Somewhere in my collection there is a resin 67 Pontiac safari kit 

Not to drag this build of subject

But was there a 67 Gran Prix model made back then

https://notoriousluxury.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/1967-11.jpg

Yes, a hand mastered one that Modelhaus offered. I have both the HT and I built the convertible as a tribute to one my dad owned for many years, I grew up with the 67 GP's Here's the one I built of the 67 GP

IMG_5339.JPG

There was never a styrene kit of the 67 GP, just the Bonneville.  As told above, there was a Modelhaus resin 67 GP kit.

Hemmings Classic Cars recently had an issue with articles about Pontiac Grand Prixs.  There was a Plum Mist 67 on the cover and featured inside.

Somewhere in my collection there is a resin 67 Pontiac safari kit 

I bet that Safari wagon is cool....I love the wagons.

• 2 weeks later...

Great paint work Steve. Could you please explain how you did the scripting in more detail? The results are stunning

The old "foil under paint" technique.

It's a pretty common trick.

My method is to foil the script & other small chrome parts, such as the door locks, prior to the last color coat & then clean the paint off of the script after the last coat with a little thinner & a tooth pick.

I then clear coat the entire body.

Some guys foil them before any primer or paint goes on, but I have better luck waiting until I'm ready for the last color coat.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

That is quite handsome Steve.  I went to work on my Bonny,  and I found that I was missing  the firewall  and  the core support.  I am going to use  70 Bonneville parts. I installed the vinyl roof mouldings; and blocked the body. I cleaned the resin '67 GP up, and it looks fine. I have to scratch-build some tail lamps for the Bonny  as they've  missing in action.

photos?website=snapfish_us&cobrand=snapf

TLS%201.2,%20AES%20with%20128%20bit%20en

Edited by Ron Hamilton