Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville. 2/20, COMPLETE!!


StevenGuthmiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

No good Ron. Wants us to sign in or join up. 

I take it you're looking for a new pic host.

Yes I am looking for a new host.  I cannot pay the price of Photobucket, and my old Snapfish account does not work.

I did some work on the Bonneville, adding the Vinyl Roof Trim mouldings. The car is going to be a hodge podge of parts, as it has a Modelhaus hood (does not fit flush), and bumpers. It's been primered, and is ready for paint. I painted the interior Black a long time ago when I found a set of '67 Bonneville front seats years ago. I thought I had a complete kit, but I sold the one I had off, and kept this one.

Edited by Ron Hamilton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I am looking for a new host.  I cannot pay the price of Photobucket, and my old Snapfish account does not work.

 

Might I suggest Fotki? $24 a year for 100GB of storage. Simple to use and no problems. Here is a link to a comparison of the different "membership" packages, as they call them.

https://secure.fotki.com/payment/view/

Edited by smhardesty
spelling correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's wrong with uploading your photos directly here? It's been working great for me so far, and it's even easier and faster than PBucket.

Nothing wrong with it.

I've just gotten used to uploading my pics to Fotki for posting.

I could do it either way, but as long as I'm doing it this way now, I figured that I just as well continue.

I occasionally post on some other forums also, so I just as well do it all from one source.

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It's a cold, rainy, dreary day in west central Minnesota so it's as good a day as any for an update.

The body is polished & ready for foil, and the vinyl top is finished.

I might try to get some foiling done tonight.

Started a few modifications on the interior today.

The engine that I'll be using is from the Revell '66 GTO kit, which is a 4 speed, so a few mods will be needed to convert the Bonny to a 4 speed.

I cut the manual shifter portion from the GTO's console and ground out a section of the Bonneville's to accept it, then ground off the automatic details from the console.

A little more adjustment & filling should take care of it.

 

DSCN6246DSCN6250DSCN6252DSCN6254

 

There will be quite a bit of wood grain added to the console & dashboard, so to facilitate adding the decals I drilled out the dash control knobs.

I will add them back later with plastic tubing & rod.

I will also remove the molded in dash "grab bar" & replace it with the one from the GTO.

I think I'll do a little research & see where a tach would have been located & possibly add one of those as well.

 

DSCN6245DSCN6255

 

 

Steve

 

 

 

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got the interior modifications under control & some color on.

I used Ford "Wimbledon White" to simulate a "parchment" seat color.

I'll add some pearl to the seats & door panels & a little bit of shine to the dash & console & then it will be ready for detailing.

Got a little more foil on the body but I still have a ways to go.

 

Steve

 

DSCN6263DSCN6264DSCN6266DSCN6267

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Progress has been painfully slow on this project.

I've had a lot going on lately, so I've done virtually nothing for nearly a month!

But I did stumble upon a technique for doing wood grain that seemed to work fairly well & I thought I might share it.

 

The wood grain decals that I had were leaving a lot to be desired so I thought that I would put on my creative hat & try something new.

I started by adding a little flat Testors red enamel to some # 1133 Gloss Brown Testors enamel to make the color a little warmer & brushed it on.

Next, I dry brushed a little straight Model Master "Wood" enamel over the top for some subtle highlights.

Then I scribed some very fine lines in a wood pattern into the dried paint using very fine pointed dental pick.

Finally a black acrylic wash was applied to get down into the grooves to create a "wood like" look.

 

I think it worked quite well.

It could probably use a little refinement & possibly a coat of clear to bring out the color, but all in all I'm happy with the result.

 

 

Steve

 

DSCN6277DSCN6278DSCN6279DSCN6280

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice woodgrain.  I use Testors rust or leather for my base color on woodgrains.    Saves adding red to brown and already a satin finish.  Will look great with the chrome edge trim.  I assume that is what these cars had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...