[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Metalmad

New Build 1957 Ford Del Rio Station Wagon Updated 6/18/18

Thank you Jim ! The red really pops when in the sunlight and the red metal flake is a nail polish and the color is called Holla At Me.

Rob I used a 2K Clear that I purchased at my local Auto Paint Store.

Edited by Metalmad

Really nice build, I like the way everything is coming together!

I have been looking for something to replicate the air cleaner element so wife needed to go to Joann's I tagged along to take a look at what I might find  and I came across a package of different sized and colored ribbon for $3.47 that worked out nicely.

IMG_1074.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

A little teaser to see how the Ranch Wagon will look when finished but I still need to work on getting the brake calipers finished and I also need to adjust the engine some what to get it sitting better in the chassie.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

Good God that is just way cool.B)

Was able to get a bit of bench time in on the brake calipers which I have basically the shape of all four that have been scratch built so next will  try my best to shape them one at time to replicate a brake caliper.

fullsizeoutput_531.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad

I have started shaping the brake calipers this evening and so far everything is going as planned so here is what I have so far which I have pictured one that I started that's on the left and one that hasn't been touched yet is on the right.

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

I have finished shaping all the brake calipers this evening so next up will be to start scratch building the caliper mounts for the front spindles and rear axles then map out the location to run the brake lines.

fullsizeoutput_533.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad