• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

New Build 1957 Ford Del Rio Station Wagon Updated 9/16

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you Gene !

I have chosen to use the Holley Dominators carbs since they look to be in scale to the high rise manifold. I have started to detail them a bit by drilling out the venturies and I will also drill out holes for the fuel lines that will be ran.

Posted (edited)

I got the carbs venturies drilled & holes drilled for the fuel lines plus they are in primer now and I still have some clean up to do on the manifold. I also got the valve covers shot with clear black and they are also drilled for the spark plug boots and plug wires.

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

Posted

Agreed, the shorter manifold looks much more realistic.Nice start Seth.

yea i like the shorter manifold also, killer.

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for the encouraging comments ! Got in a few hours today on this build which I started to scratch build the air cleaner assembly and I was able to finish the bottom portion of the assembly so next will be the top then after the top assembly is finished then I will smooth out all the edges to make the ends round and I also add a few styrene strips on the top to give it a custom look.

Thanks for looking thats all for now !

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

Edited by Metalmad

Posted

Made a little progress today on the air cleaner assembly and I was able to finish the cover so next will be to scratch build the inner support and also come up with the actually filter. I also scratch built the carb venturi's today and have them installed into the carbs so next will be a little primer then some paint.

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Posted

Very nice, loving this one!

Posted

Thank you Todd !

Posted (edited)

Worked on the air cleaner assembly this evening & was not sure how i was going to finish this up so I added another piece of flat .40 styrene and removed the colored area where the carbs will sit plus it gives me a bit of a foundation to add the 1/32 strip that will give the depth of the filter and also a way to secure the top of the air cleaner to the bottom half. So now that I have finish building the assembly I'm debating on adding small styrene strips to the top of the assembly to give a bit of a custom look or to just leave it nice and smooth. 

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Edited by Metalmad

Posted

Seth, why not make the top similar to the valve covers with a ribbed script down the middle?

Posted

Very nice work.

Posted

Just finished up the 1955 Gasser ( Tom Daniel Badman) which I posted earlier today under glass so I have started another build which is the 1957 Ford Del Rio Station Wagon (2 n 1 Gasser Kit) which I have already backed halfed for the four link in the rear and I have also chosen a 429 engine for the power plant plus the paint.

So here we go !

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Ephesians 6 10:20

Posted

Amazing! I'm loving what your doing

Posted

Thank you Anthony !

Posted (edited)

IMG_0298.thumb.JPG.5416e667af958877b878eJust finished up adding three small strips of styrene to the top of the air cleaner so now the air cleaner is finished with the exception of paint and the material for the actual filter.

Edited by Metalmad