Model Cars Magazine Forum

...EVER HAD TO GET MISSING PARTS FROM FUJIMI...

Gentlemen, wondered if any of you have ever needed to request missing parts for a Fujimi kit, and how that went for you....I recently bought a stack of Fujimis off an ebay Japanese seller, and one was missing the bag for wheels, tires, axles, and a couple of small white parts. I ask because my emails to them off their site don't seem to send without kicking them back to me, so I wrote them and sent a copy of the instructions indicating the parts in question.....any opinions or war stories will better prepare me...lol.....thanks boys, the Ace...:lol:

You should contact the seller first, and see if they can get the missing parts for you.

...That's was my first step,,,they just refunded my money completely for the kit and postage, so I'm on my own now to see if this all goes as planned with Fujimi and if so, I will end up with 2 BMW E30 kits as I just bought a replacement today too. thanks for your comment....the Ace...^_^

...That's was my first step,,,they just refunded my money completely for the kit and postage, so I'm on my own now to see if this all goes as planned with Fujimi and if so, I will end up with 2 BMW E30 kits as I just bought a replacement today too. thanks for your comment....the Ace...^_^

Glad to hear the seller took care of it.

Ewww Fujimi 3 Series...what a horrid pile of...that is...Hope you didn't pay more than about $12 for it.

Beyond that there should be an e-mail address printed on the side of the box in the area of the barcode and address - unless you got some particularly ancient kits.  Send you part's request to that address, don't use big words, fancy North Americanisms, or try to be conversational, because there's like one person in that office that kinda-sorta reads/types English.  You will more than likely never get a reply back, and in 3 or 4 months you might get your part(s).

I know that sounds like farting in the wind, but Fujimi does the majority of their business in Japan, and in their mind caters entirely to Japanese customers - who of course can use those little coupons on the instructions to request and pay for entire parts runners.

Edited by niteowl7710

Ewww Fujimi 3 Series...what a horrid pile of...that is...Hope you didn't pay more than about $12 for it.

Beyond that there should be an e-mail address printed on the side of the box in the area of the barcode and address - unless you got some particularly ancient kits.  Send you part's request to that address, don't use big words, fancy North Americanisms, or try to be conversational, because there's like one person in that office that kinda-sorta reads/types English.  You will more than likely never get a reply back, and in 3 or 4 months you might get your part(s).

I know that sounds like farting in the wind, but Fujimi does the majority of their business in Japan, and in their mind caters entirely to Japanese customers - who of course can use those little coupons on the instructions to request and pay for entire parts runners.

Yeah, that is why is best to contact the seller first , it usually is easier for the end user that way instead of them going to horses mouth direct. 

Somebody at Britmodeller had the same problem.  This thread is from late October 2016, so not that old.  Unfortunately, it doesn't sound too hopeful, based on this response:

"I'm not 100% but I don't think there is an official importer for Fujimi kits, same goes for Aoshima I think. If a shop or online retailer sells them it's because they've imported them themselves. At least that's what I've heard from a couple of places that stock them. So getting replacement parts might might be a struggle. Contact whomever you brought the kit from, as long as it wasn't a ebay or similar purchase, they should be able to at least try and source a replacement part for you."

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011189-contact-for-fujimi-replacement-parts/

HLJ used to have a fantastic service where one of their guys would do the parts request for you. I used it a couple of times with excellent  results, even if it took a while (I think they batched up their requests to each manufacturer and only submitted when they had enough to make it worth while). Back in the day, they didn't even care if it was from a kit you'd bought from them, as long as you were a registered HLJ customer. Sadly, it seems that these days, they've had to restrict it to replacing parts in a kit bought from HLJ, and requested within 10 days of delivery.

;-(

best,

M.

........Well, after reading all the input, I am less hopeful at this point, but lets see if both my email and detailed letter to them gets me a win. I was totally refunded by the ebay seller for the kit,,,,and bought a replacement with a bunch of other Fujimi kits as well just a few days ago. The part that bothers me is now I have, and granted its a freebee, a complete new kit without BBS wheels, slicks, metal axels, and hood pins and extinguisher that are all packed in a cello bag under the body.....its a waste to not be able to complete a new and useable kit......:huh:....the Ace......<_<

With those parts missing, and the parts replacement idea looking slim.

It sure sounds like a perfect opportunity to build something like an E30 racecar. Kit bash it with a road race or dragster chassis of some kind maybe?

..........I will figure out something....it just really annoys me because in all the years of buying and building this stuff, I can say I have never had a problem with any Japanese kit bought new, American kits,,,, yes, lots of times...hope maybe they will actually read my letter and play....but after reading the comments here, I'm skeptical now....the Ace...<_<

FWIW in my case I was attempting to get a fixed print issue with a decal sheet they did for one of their GT3 cars. But the only way you'd know there was a replacement was if you (as I do) troll the various Japanese language blogs. I wrote to Fujimi, gave my UPC and requested the reprinted decals and heard nothing.  Then about 4 months later I got an envelope from Japan with the decal sheet with a little photocopy of the new placement guide

Edited by niteowl7710

FWIW in my case I was attempting to get a fixed print issue with a decal sheet they did for one of their GT3 cars. But the only way you'd know there was a replacement was if you (as I do) troll the various Japanese language blogs. I wrote to Fujimi, gave my UPC and requested the reprinted decals and heard nothing.  Then about 4 months later I got an envelope from Japan with the decal sheet with a little photocopy of the new placement guide

Must have been the McLaren MP-4 12C Pacific Racing Love Live. It helps to be a troll.