Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 Firebird Esprit

59 Impala

I'm going to try and build this as the Espri Firebird.  I've made a copy of the MPC Formula hood and removed the two scoops to make a flat hood.  Here is a pic of the start of this build.  Dan

IMG_4332.JPG

Edited by 59 Impala
misspelled word

Thanks guys.  Dan, the flat hood is a resin copy of the other one.  I don't have the right equipment to make a good copy.  I had a lot of holes to fill in and a whole lot of work to remove the scoops.  Also, the vents on the flat hood aren't very good either.  There are some pin holes in them and I'm not going to try and fill them in.  It looks ok to set on the shelf though.  This one is also the second one that I made.  The first one didn't come out all there and I almost gave up on making one.  I almost didn't even use this one because I was so dissapointed on how it turned out.  I really didn't want to do all the work to get it to look good enough to use.  But I really wanted to make a replica of the 76 that we had and so I spent a lot of time fixing this one.  From 10 feet it looks good enough.  Ha ha.  Dan

I like this idea, and looks great

I would like to build a later model Rockford 'Bird Esprit myself someday

There was a conversion set offered by a resin caster, but I can't remember who?

I haven't seen anyone making Esprit parts for earlier model like you're building

Edited by J.G.