Model Cars Magazine Forum

Comfort Models, Ya Have One?

Well all know about comfort food, but what about comfort models, do you have one?,Ā  a model that you just really enjoy building,Ā  and makes you enjoy building again?

I do think I have a few that could be considered comfort models.

What says you?

Edited by martinfan5

If I were to look at my completed builds, it would be a tie between the Revell snapper 63 Corvette convertible and snapper 69 Camaro. I have built at least 4 of each one and for some reason I can crank those out like nothing but struggle to finish glue versions of the same vehicles!

Image result for amt ala kartĀ  Ā  Ā Ā Image result for AMT '40 ford tudorĀ  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Image result for AMT '49 ford

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Image result for revell 32 ford woody

Probably one of, if not my favorite kits to build. Goes together without a fuss.Ā  Maybe not 100% accurate for the subject matter but it sure looks the part once finished. And thats comfort to me.

Ā 

The Revell 1964 Ford Thunderbolt

Ā 

20170316_133630.jpg

Ā 

Edited by gtx6970

Yes. AMT '63-'67 Corvettes. I'll build 'em new, I'll restore cleanly built originals, and I'll strip and completely rebuild glue bombs. I only have 5 or 6 finished, but I must have more than two dozen of the things (NOT counting NIB '63 reissues for parts--prolly have another dozen of those) awaiting Snakification, Ā with four or five under active construction at the moment.

And the AMT '67-'68 Camaros. I've finished three and am getting in the mood to do another one very very soon.

I'd also say the MPC (now AMT) '69 Camaro, but I just finished my fifth and probably last one of those. I don't think I'll be doing another one of THOSE. Five is enough. (Maybe.)

This is a fun question! I'd have to say hands down, AMT's '53 Ford F100. I've built three of my own, restored a couple built-ups, and have enough parts to make up at least another or three. I couldn't help myself and picked up another when the latest issue came out. It's sitting off to the side of the bench right now, being built as a Marmon-Herrington 4x4. A close second would be the Moebius Bumpside Fords. I just finished my first one, and dove right into another. This was a long overlooked subject matter, and many others have praised it and I can totally see why. And even though we're not in the truck section, I'll even say that the reissued California Hauler has won me over. I could never bring myself to pay what originals were going for, and Round 2 hit a home run bringing that one back. I'm getting ready to build my second one, with plans for at least two more.