Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's a few trucks that have been on the bench awhile, I finished the black truck a few weeks ago, Hence the dust, and a another member, who built a green '55 cameo inspired me to pull out the step side Junker and finish her off. The black truck was built out of the box with added spark plug wires, heater hoses, battery cables, brake lines and a dipstick. The step side on the other hand had a bit more modification to be done to it, It started life as the street machine kit but was converted back to an original pick up. I wanted it to look lie a good well used, and still used, American pick up truck. I used a straight front axle and tie rod from the parts box and scratch built front shock mounts and rear spring blocks. I dressed up the engine to look more original with parts box valve covers, carb, air cleaner, generator and exhaust manifolds. Other added parts are, wheels, tires, license pate inspection sticker, tailgate chains, spark plug wires and battery cables, I opted for the kit pipes for lack of anything else. Sorry for the long winded post, any comments/suggestions welcome, thanks for looking. I'll try to get some outdoor pics tomorrow.

20170727_175222.jpg

20170727_174911.jpg

20170727_174925.jpg

20170727_175109.jpg

20170727_175005.jpg

20170727_175036.jpg

20170727_174944.jpg

20170727_175247.jpg

I love the work on the junker Nathan! So many little things, like the acid spilled from the battery add realism.

Thanks! I always have alot of fun adding all the small details, the Junkers I see on here provide a lot of inspiration.