• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Next Tamiya 1/24 car is...

82 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by martinfan5

Posted

Must be a competition to see who can produce the ugliest car 

Posted

Or leave the most irrelevant comments

Posted

Unbelievably, a Canadian vendor had these in stock this past weekend. I was astounded as generally, we get things so much later than the US. He only had two and sold both. I bought one of them, for more than I would of paid from Japan, but I'm an impulse buyer and had to have it. I'm hoping it arrives by the end of the week. 

Amazingly HLJ still had it showing as being release around 11/30 which seems odd that it made it to Canada first.

Posted

Unbelievably, a Canadian vendor had these in stock this past weekend. I was astounded as generally, we get things so much later than the US. He only had two and sold both. I bought one of them, for more than I would of paid from Japan, but I'm an impulse buyer and had to have it. I'm hoping it arrives by the end of the week. 

Amazingly HLJ still had it showing as being release around 11/30 which seems odd that it made it to Canada first.

North America and Europe are supposed to get them on the 20th. Japan & Asia get them in November. The one month lag is now standard fare for Tamiya after their affiliate companies (Tamiya Europe & Tamiya USA) whined to the home office that they're losing too many sales to the direct importers. 

Posted

North America and Europe are supposed to get them on the 20th. Japan & Asia get them in November. The one month lag is now standard fare for Tamiya after their affiliate companies (Tamiya Europe & Tamiya USA) whined to the home office that they're losing too many sales to the direct importers. 

I didn't know that. That makes sense then. The price gap is still huge tho. It's almost double getting it from a Canadian vendor over what it will be from Japan. 

Posted

I didn't know that. That makes sense then. The price gap is still huge tho. It's almost double getting it from a Canadian vendor over what it will be from Japan. 

Yeah the U.S. MSRP is $62, which is a break from the past several kits (MX-5, FXX-K, etc) that were a reasonable distance away from the Japanese price when you took shipping into consideration.  Heck when the NSX came out and the dollar was weak to the Yen it was actually cheaper to buy it off the local kit vendor for $40, than it was to buy and ship it from Japan.  Looks like they went back to the 100% markup on this one again.