Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari P4 Spyder

Dave B

Always wanted to build a spyder and when my mate offered to swap his Fujimi Coupe for my Heller I decided to go for it.  Had a few issues with the conversion, the least being I lost all the glass!!  Luckily I still had the Heller glass from my 350 Can-Am conversion so I managed to vacform over the screen and headlight covers and utilise those.  I also painted it based on a  review of the Daytona '67 winning car by Road & Track back in a 1981 mag.  I was rather disappointed to find when looking on the net that the roundel placing was not reflective of the race winning car.  Win a few, lose a few.  Anyway I'm relatively happy with it and the flaws are not that visible in the showcase.  The last pic includes my 350 conversion based on the Heller P4.

Tks for looking

Dave B

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

Yes, beautiful, both. The P3/4 cars rank in my all time top 5 favorite race car designs. I wonder how these exquisitely styled cars would do in wind-tunnel testing compared with some of the recent purposeful-looking but often ugly CFD-designed prototypes. My guess is pretty well.

Beautiful models. Whether Bill Engwer's rumination about their aerodynamics would prove true or not, their beauty and the shear racing purpose they project is undeniable and have cemented their positions as icons of what would prove to be the very peak of automotive culture.

Beautiful models. Whether Bill Engwer's rumination about their aerodynamics would prove true or not, their beauty and the shear racing purpose they project is undeniable and have cemented their positions as icons of what would prove to be the very peak of automotive culture.

I couldn't have said it better - an icon of motor racing, probably the most beautiful racing Ferrari ever  sight and sound: unbelievable - watch the petrolpics video on you tube on the Ferrari P4

• 9 months later...