Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Fiat 500f 1:12 MRSP revealed

I learned through the Italeri website that the price of the 1:12 Fiat 500F will be 130 euros. And it will be released in/around november.

Also; if you put down a 'down-payment' at the Italeri webstore, you will get a customized car plate.

http://shop.italeri.com/Products/21883-4703act-fiat-500f-112-acconto-con-prenotazione-targa.aspx

I am not sure yet where I stand on the price of the new kit, it is in line with the Mefistolo and such kits, but those are repops. This is a new kit.
The quality and partcount is yet unkown, but it is a new mold. Tamiya charges roughly triple for their new 1:12 releases, where Revell only charges 1/3rd of the Fiat for a brand new 1:16 mold (Isetta).

I think we need to wait it out and see the first shots to really make a verdict. I am curious nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

Rough Google translation for those curious:

Dear Friends Modelists,

we are proud to present a preview of a forthcoming release: the new 1/12 scale kit   dedicated to the Fiat 500 F in 1968, a true four-wheeled "made in Italy" icon.   We are happy to show you some images in preview of our mounting tests made with plastics not yet definitive for color and quality but useful for finalizing the finishing touches before starting our production.

The new model will feature an extraordinary care of   mechanical details and interior design. They will be included in the photo kit, chrome plated parts and rubber tires that will help ensure the highest level of realism. Here are some important opportunities that our new kit offers: open or closed roof, openable door, open front bonnet, rear opening bonnet, steering wheels and working suspension. It is also possible to realize the model with the "right-hand drive" typical of the Anglo-Saxon countries.

Finally, awaiting our upcoming Fiat 500 F (scheduled for November) a unique opportunity. Booking the model with the personalization of the license plate. For all info and booking you will find all the details at: http://shop.italeri.com/Products/21883-4703act-fiat-500f-112-acconto-con-prenotazione-targa.aspx

Edit: Fun fact, when built, the kit will be less than 10" long, 4,5" wide, and 4.5" high!

Edited by Jordan White