Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Buick Wildcat

RandyB.

Randy, that Buick is an exceptionally pretty model and the color is close to a stock green . There's a '66 hardtop running around my area here that is a very similar green but it has a white roof. I can't recall the interior color but the white goes nicely with your body color. There is not much that can be done to these cars to improve the stock look - it is nice to see that you stayed with the factory theme, The blue car looks like a sweetheart too but I am much more fond of the '66 design..

• 2 years later...

Hi, I borrowed this picture to show on the Spotlight Hobbies message board, hope you don't mind. What an excellent build of the kit! I wish I can do half as good as you did! I gave you credit for the build.

AMT 1966 Buick Wildcat3.jpg

Edited by RDean58
Add some words

Wow, +1 on all the compliments given! Sometimes a color just "fits", and this is a sterling example. It does help that this is a most handsome body style, too. Clean building technique is the the final ingredient that puts this one over the top. Now I gotta find some of that paint...

7 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Wow, +1 on all the compliments given! Sometimes a color just "fits", and this is a sterling example. It does help that this is a most handsome body style, too. Clean building technique is the the final ingredient that puts this one over the top. Now I gotta find some of that paint...

Thanks Rusty.