Model Cars Magazine Forum

My '65 Chevy c-10 stepside. This was the second model car I ever built. I actually went back & redid a lot of the paint but as you can tell I'm sure, all of the glass is missing. Glue was smeared all over it so I thought it looked better without it. Very proud of this & I'm very happy that my builds have only gotten better as time has gone on

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_9609.JPG

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9611.JPG

A tip on gluing windows is to use Elmer's White School Glue. It dries clear, plus any extra can be wiped away after it's dried with a watered down Q-tip. Good job on the 4 piece hood though. They are tough.

A tip on gluing windows is to use Elmer's White School Glue. It dries clear, plus any extra can be wiped away after it's dried with a watered down Q-tip. Good job on the 4 piece hood though. They are tough.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'll be sure to use that

Here is a '66 that I did a few months ago. Modded it to a 4x4 and it was tough. Plan your build as much as you can, prep the body and most of all, do not rush it. Sometimes I only get to glue one thing per day! Also I have learned to do "dry fit" as much as possible before paint and assembly. This takes away a lot of the handling of the body once painted which is exactly what you want. I am no pro, believe me. I read this forum a lot and take mental notes on all advice and tips. Best forum for modeling that I have found. Great members that share knowledge and offer constructive criticism as well as praise. Keep it up.

66fleetside1